• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would go in a package for Burns/Higgins swap?

RumHam

I realize this fanbase is down on Burns but pass rushers are still king in the NFL and I guarantee Burns would be a sought after commodity, especially if his camp comes to their senses and lowers their asking price 

16 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

giving out a mega deal to an average wr would be such a panther move

Just goes to show how badly the Panthers have been managed. DJ Moore was an above average WR on a reasonable contract and they traded him away before drafting a rookie QB. I have no doubt that Bryce Young would have had a better season with a WR of Moore’s talent level on the team. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We are nowhere near competing, but your plan is to not sign good FA's and keep depending on the draft to develop talent.

Did you see the draft we just had not a single good player came from that draft. Bryce the noodle arm midget and Mango ready to Tango was nowhere to be found.

Cmon man this goes both ways. You have to sign good FA's and draft well. The two goes hand and hand.

Cmon old man times has changed. You gotta spend big if you want a better product.

I'm not an old man, Oldham is a place.

If Morgan can't draft then he needs to be fired immediately. It's the only way to properly build a contender. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, SOJA said:

I realize this fanbase is down on Burns but pass rushers are still king in the NFL and I guarantee Burns would be a sought after commodity, especially if his camp comes to their senses and lowers their asking price 

maybe...

but if pass rushers are king....they hit FA and are available via trade much more often than you would think. 

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

Why would we make this trade?

We're nowhere near competing and in no position to hand out a mega contract to a WR.

Trade Burns for picks and rebuild properly. It's really not that hard.

do you have proof we can draft? b/c i sure as hell don't. Burns is already on for 30 million this year. So is Higgins. We can worry about a contract for Higgins after the fact.

6 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Agreed and I would be stoked about this as well.  Burns wants 30+ which is too rich for my blood

Im somewhat indifferent. Not a huge fan of Higgins or Burns but they’d definitely need to add a pick to make it worth it for us.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

giving out a mega deal to an average wr would be such a panther move

it's either this or hollywood brown b/c one way or another, tepper believes a #1 will solve all issues.