• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Need to add another RB or not?

Jmac

With the signing of Hunt and the need for a new center, trying to build a good running game obviously.

Hunt is a road grader. Need a stout center to do the job now. Will they be looking to keep Sanders now that they are beefing up the line, or find that power back to compliment Hubbard.

Sanders ran well behind the strong Eagles line. Couldn't do shitt behind the Panthers line. They want to take the load off Young by giving him a consistent running game.

What u got?

Edited by Jmac

I've been saying it since last season when we picked Bryce.  If Bryce is your QB, you need a legit receiving RB in your RB committee. 

That was a big part of his success in college.  Our new HC did it a lot in Tampa.  You can throw to Hubbard.  But Hubbard isn't a receiving RB.  And Sanders has been horrific at it in his career.   And the short pass game (RB included) is part of the modern day run game. 

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, Jmac said:

With the signing of Hunt and the need for a new center, trying to build a good running game obviously.

Hunt is a road grader. Need a stout center to do the job now. Will they be looking to keep Sanders now that they are beefing up the line, or find that power back to compliment Hubbard.

Sanders ran well behind the strong Eagles line. Couldn't do shitt behind the Panthers line. They want to take the load off Young by giving him a consistent running game.

What u got?

Either a guy like in the 4th round or wait until the market cools down and sign a guy for cheap.  Of all the holes on the roster, RB is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down the list.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

AA-Ron Jones come on down

A-A-Ron is actually what Scott Fitterer claimed he was adding with Miles Sanders.  But no more FA RBs.  Build your backfield in the middle of drafts. 

• Pie 1

Just now, 45catfan said:

Either a guy like in the 4th round or wait until the market cools down and sign a guy for cheap.  Of all the holes on the roster, RB is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down the list.

the Bryce Young pass attack IMO should be priority #1.  That an easy/cheap add and part (of many) of fixing Bryce. 

• Pie 1

In the draft. I wonder what that RB class will look like in the fourth round. It's deep this year and no 1st or 2nd round premier players. The run starts in the third I think and someone will be there at top of the 4th that can help. Center and WR have become the premium spots for us. Id like to see tight end or RB in the fourth. 

Just now, mickeye76 said:

In the draft. I wonder what that RB class will look like in the fourth round. It's deep this year and no 1st or 2nd round premier players. The run starts in the third I think and someone will be there at top of the 4th that can help. Center and WR have become the premium spots for us. Id like to see tight end or RB in the fourth. 

I'm hoping either Allen or Estime will still be there at the top of the 4th. I'd snag one of those two in a heartbeat.

• Pie 1