• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Giants looking to trade for Brian Burns

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

The money is the issue.  Now we can get a WR,  Brian is not worth $30m per for 5 years.  Burns, in Morgan's opinion, was not a dawg and I am guessing that he did not see him as a 3-down OLB.

We have YGM and Barno and will likely add an Edge now.  With the cap savings, we can also add 2 more need positions.  I am disappointed, but I am not blaming Morgan.  BB was damaged goods here, and teams were aware.

This actually hurts our ability to get a #1 WR as the only path to it this year was through a Burns trade

We didn't get enough back to flip for a #1 WR

This was HORRIBLE

9 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

Where's the guy that told me it was going to be a 3rd or less?

2nd, 5th, and 24 million in cap space isn't bad. 

I wouldn't be upset if I were a fan, the Giants made him the second highest paid Edge- I don't think this fanbase wanted that.

I’m your huckleberry. And I never said he would only bring a 3rd. But it sure wasn’t out of hand to suggest. That there was a chance at a 1st and more was what was absurd and what I said would never happen.  I’ve called this from day one after turning down the Rams deal. So please call me out when no one has called this whole ordeal as accurate as I have. 

2 1sts, a 2nd(36) and the 16M they gave him last year when he played to not get hurt. Plus that 24M too. Not bad either. 

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

This actually hurts our ability to get a #1 WR as the only path to it this year was through a Burns trade

This was HORRIBLE

Acquiring another 2nd gives us the flexibility to move up to get the receiver we want in the draft.

Edited by XClown1986

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

This was HORRIBLE

I mean, there were people on here who though Jeudy would be a #1 and he went for a 5th and 6th.

Ridley is still out there as well. 

This team has been a zombie for the last 5 years. Now it's dead and buried. This isn't some hole you can get out of in any near future without Bryce Young becoming an All-Pro. We're going to have another 3-5 years of guaranteed losing seasons if Bryce doesn't pan out. The talent is not there and it's not going to come here for whatever overpay we offer.

Just like I said years ago, cap space doesn't win games. If you look at teams with the most cap space every year two things become apparent. One, they don't have much talent to pay, and two they are usually in the bottom five teams in the league.

It might be a better use of fans time to project who's going to be the quarterback the Panthers take in 2026-2027. This team, unless Bryce becomes an All-Pro or somehow they pull off a Seahawks, turn around draft (no shot), is going to be a perennial loser. There's no one left in the building with talent and not much on the roster worth trying to develop.

4 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

This was HORRIBLE

They were never going to get a 1st for him.

• Pie 2