• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Giants looking to trade for Brian Burns

NY Giants made this man the 2nd highest paid DE in NFL history lmao. They didn't learn anything from the To Daniel Jones contract last year.

Its also funny hearing Skip Bayless call him a top 5 DE this morning on Undisputed. Crazy how he goes to bigger market and people now decide to praise him. Nobody was talking about Burns when he was a Panthers. Now he's a big deal.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

NY Giants made this man the 2nd highest paid DE in NFL history lmao. They didn't learn anything from the To Daniel Jones contract last year.

Its also funny hearing Skip Bayless call him a top 5 DE this morning on Undisputed. Crazy how he goes to bigger market and people now decide to praise him. Nobody was talking about Burns when he was a Panthers. Now he's a big deal.

They are about to find out. Teams will run right at him. 

4 hours ago, Call Me James said:

Here we go again trying to justify bargain bin Picks as some lotto hit. 

I definitely hear you but what were they supposed to do? I don’t mean in 2022 or even 2023, but the situation as it stood for the latest round of team building.

Did you want him to be given somewhere around 12 percent of the total budget, at his current level of effectiveness? And I absolutely understand the lack of sack opportunities that are reflected in that production but how was that really going to change enough to make 30 million a good idea? 

I think it was literally at a point of no return.

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

It’s also funny hearing Skip Bayless call him a top 5 DE this morning on Undisputed. Crazy how he goes to bigger market and people now decide to praise him. Nobody was talking about Burns when he was a Panthers. Now he's a big deal.

Going into this past season, he was considered by many a top 10 edge in the NFL. His advanced metrics are off the charts, even last year in a down year they were still really good. 

8 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Going into this past season, he was considered by many a top 10 edge in the NFL. His advanced metrics are off the charts, even last year in a down year they were still really good. 

Not against the run

• Pie 3

What's going on in here?

Still arguing over Burns I see. Time to wrap this thread up and move on guys. Burns is a Giant. So far we've got two rotational guys. We're doing the best that we can.

If we can sign a guy suited to be a starter, great. If not, we're going to have to fake it 'til we make it. I think that a 3-4 lends itself to more flexibility in terms of rushing the passer, so Evero will be able to fake it even more if necessary. I personally hope that we can get Clowney or Young, but if we don't, I'm not crying over it. All we can do is put in the effort. If a healthy Haynes is signed, we'll have an even better guy to throw in the rotation.

Gentlemen, it's time to look to the future. 

• Pie 3

16 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

2nd highest paid DE in NFL history just doesn't seem right. Wish him well he was my favorite player on the team.

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

2nd highest paid DE in NFL history just doesn't seem right. Wish him well he was my favorite player on the team.

A lot to pay for a dude who half-stepped last year by his own admission and who gets beat up in the running game. To me, he is worth about half of what he will be getting. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

On 3/16/2024 at 6:34 AM, strato said:

I definitely hear you but what were they supposed to do? I don’t mean in 2022 or even 2023, but the situation as it stood for the latest round of team building.

Did you want him to be given somewhere around 12 percent of the total budget, at his current level of effectiveness? And I absolutely understand the lack of sack opportunities that are reflected in that production but how was that really going to change enough to make 30 million a good idea? 

I think it was literally at a point of no return.

We dismantled the defense to help Bryce because we don’t know if he’s good or not.

We’ve just shuffled deck chairs.

2 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

We dismantled the defense to help Bryce because we don’t know if he’s good or not.

We’ve just shuffled deck chairs.

we dismantled the defense because it was not good and got worse as the season went on