• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I've seen enough of 'Dawg" Morgan, he is a bonafide idiot and Tepper got his bootlicker

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He is a 26 year old top OG and he got top market day 1 of FA. He also fills a HUGE (pun intended) need. It all makes sense. 

After spending heavy on molding the team for young and come week 7 he isn't the guy, what then? Ugh.....

Hunt is massive and can move great, but in my opinion he isn't worth resetting the market like Dan did. Now is Cobertt cut? moved to C? traded? He's coming off 2 knee injuries, but around 8 million. 

This move is similar if they signed another RB on my "wow' scale. 

I thought the goal was to get better overall? Somehow they got worse following all these moves.... Less talented for sure*

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

After spending heavy on molding the team for young and come week 7 he isn't the guy, what then? Ugh.....

Hunt is massive and can move great, but in my opinion he isn't worth resetting the market like Dan did. Now is Cobertt cut? moved to C? traded? He's coming off 2 knee injuries, but around 8 million. 

This move is similar if they signed another RB on my "wow' scale. 

I thought the goal was to get better overall? Somehow they got worse following all these moves.... Less talented for sure*

Hunt is a need for whoever is QB next year as well. The Eagles already reset the market with Dickinson. Hunt is a top 5 RG at 26 years old and got paid top dollar on day 1 of FA. 

• Pie 2

39 minutes ago, CRA said:

Now is also not later.  No way to actually say we couldn’t have got better compensation later for Burns.  Burns was literally dealt the first moment he could be.  It was cheap compensation.  I would have sat on him.  If it killed the NY deal so be it.   FO is working in reverse we overpay when we acquire like Darnold, CJ, etc and get lousy picks when we deal away guys 

I agree, now is now. Something better may have been coming over the horizon, I think its a fair point. Hopefully the FO has an idea of the market, it definitely wasn't two 1st per OP.

Bird in the hand and all that aside, I think moving him was necessary for the cap implications and I’m really not sure he wanted to be here, and that is vital to the culture.

• Pie 1

I really don't understand how people are stuck on this.  Burns isnt an "elite pass rusher" he is a good pass rusher and a liability against the run.  NFL teams know this, thats why this offer was the most compensation we could get for the money he wanted.  People are acting like other teams were offering two firsts and we just decided to take the giants offer instead.  This was clearly the best offer we received. 

• Beer 1

Poo reactionary thread is poo. 

People on this board have been clamoring for a rebuild, instead of a half-in/half-out team building, for the past 3-4 years. When Morgan steps in and starts the process of a true rebuild, people bitch and moan. Classic Huddle for ya. 

• Pie 3

20 minutes ago, Bama Panther said:

Poo reactionary thread is poo. 

People on this board have been clamoring for a rebuild, instead of a half-in/half-out team building, for the past 3-4 years. When Morgan steps in and starts the process of a true rebuild, people bitch and moan. Classic Huddle for ya. 

Rebuilding with a starting talent level of less than a expansion team is going to be difficult. At some point the 'rebuild' becomes a cycle and you're the new Jaguars.

26 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Rebuilding with a starting talent level of less than an expansion team is going to be difficult. At some point the 'rebuild' becomes a cycle and you're the new Jaguars.

Yeah. You can’t just say, “We’re rebuilding” and it happen exactly like you want. The team has to have a plan. Maybe they have one. Maybe they don’t. Either way, a rebuild doesn’t start with giving Burns $30M a year going forward. 

31 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Rebuilding with a starting talent level of less than a expansion team is going to be difficult. At some point the 'rebuild' becomes a cycle and you're the new Jaguars.

Maybe wait past day 1 of free agency to analyze a rebuild 

Edited by csx
  • Pie 3