• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Subtract form 2-15 team; Frankie Luvu, Donte Jackson, Bradley Bozeman, Vonn Bell, Brian Burns,

1 minute ago, WUnderhill said:

Luvu the only one I really wish we’d kept but we have no idea what’s happening behind the scenes and whether he even wanted to be here so I’m not going to pull my hair out over it.

He’s in his getting paid years, if we didn’t offer what they did, I don’t blame him. If he can do something positive in the next three years he can probably get one more good contract, if not this is probably it for him in terms of anything but vet minimum. 

18 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

Honestly if I’m EJ I’m pissed. You hold him

hostage then put him in a worse situation to potentially tank any chance he has at securing a HC job in the near future.

You have to assume Evero knew what was coming when he sat down with Dan and Canales. Im sure if he didn't agree Canales would have allowed him to leave.

• Flames 1

16 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

You have to assume Evero knew what was coming when he sat down with Dan and Canales. Im sure if he didn't agree Canales would have allowed him to leave.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that the worst franchise in all of pro sports might not be as well run and functioning as you are assuming….

I think Evero would have bounced if we he knew Luvu, Burns, Jackson, etc were all going to be purged from the poo show org he endured in year 1. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, CRA said:

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that the worst franchise in all of pro sports might to be as well run and functioning as you are assuming….

I think Evero would have bounced if we he knew Luvu, Burns, Jackson, etc were all gone to be purged from the poo show org he endured in year 1. 

Yeah I know we are down on everything but I highly doubt that they kept Evero in the dark. It partly why they worked to get Troy Hill back.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that the worst franchise in all of pro sports might to be as well run and functioning as you are assuming….

I think Evero would have bounced if we he knew Luvu, Burns, Jackson, etc were all gone to be purged from the poo show org he endured in year 1. 

This team suddenly feels like that 7 win bobcat team.....

64144-5f5d9b481fe5863c196d3441322ab983.j

*INHALES*

Surely losing some of the best players on the team will make it better.

*INHALES*

The Panthers have a 'process'.

*INHALES*

Surely the Panthers will be able to scout young talent that will surprise us next season.

• Beer 1

54 minutes ago, RJK said:

Y’all just gotta accept this is a full tear down rebuild that should’ve happened 4-5 years ago. It’s going to be 2-3 years minimum to put a competitive roster on the field 

Yeah, probably closer to half a decade. Just depends on how good we are at drafting.

• Pie 1

"One of the perks of signing on as Head Coach was not having to worry about the defense" 

Well I hope Dan didn't make these moves without a plan in place.  

Either that or Canales is planning on putting up 40+ everyweek... 

Granted this offseason is far from complete but as of right now counting our own fa's it looks like:

Brown-Tuttle-(??)

(??)-Shaq-(??)-(??)

Horn-Hill 

Woods - (??)

The optimist in me says we'll find a way to field something competitive.

I'd think you'd want to keep that defense intact as much as possible especially if we're planning on being such a run heavy team. That D wasn't the reason we only won 2 games. 

I'm not saying resign every player but damn that Luvu move hurts. Yea we've gotta have a helluva plan coming up from this point to training camp. 

Edited by ColumbusCounty
  • Pie 2

10 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Yeah I know we are down on everything but I highly doubt that they kept Evero in the dark. It partly why they worked to get Troy Hill back.

I doubt there was a master blueprint and he knew how it would unfold.  I mean, weren’t they still negotiating to get something done with Burns when he agreed to stay? 

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Nah, we were talking about wanting to sign Luvu and keep burns. 

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I doubt there was a master blueprint and he knew how it would unfold.  I mean, weren’t they still negotiating to get something done with Burns when he agreed to stay? 

It's pure copium. The Panthers were obviously trying to resign Burns but he decided he wanted out.