• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Morgan is a legend and I trust him

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

Morgan was part of a group led by a bad GM (that we didn't  realize was so bad at the time) that thought it was a good idea at the time based on what they thought we were capable of.

You ever have those moments where something seems like a good idea at the time and then, after you step in it, you realize that it was a dog poo decision? That's how you learn. You step in poo and decide that is something you don't want to do again.

But after you step in dog poo and realize you should do what it takes to avoid it, you still have to deal with the poo already on your shoe. That might mean getting up close and personal with it and scraping it off. It stinks, and it's nasty and it's something  you really feel disgusted doing, but you do it anyways because it has to be done.

That's what we did yesterday, not that burns is dog poo. The situation was. It sucked that we had to do it because we stepped in it, but it had to be done and now we hope we've learned a we move forward.

So much this^^^^^^

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Morgan wanted to keep Burns and not deal him to the Rams for multiple first round picks.  Guys like Dan Morgan are why we are where we are today. 

The situation then was not the same as today, those firsts were two, and three years away respectively at the time. And it stands to reason they believed they would get Brian resigned, but once he started talking 2nd overall DE money conversations crumbled and here we are. 

Hold on there Skippy, let's not get too crazy just because he's attempting to do what has needed to be done for at least a half decade now.  He still has to get it right with the players he's signed or not signed.  Then there's the draft that he has to hit on much better than in the past.  We are just getting started in day 2 of at least a 2 year project. 

• Beer 1

I don't trust Dan Morgan, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt and I am rooting for him. I do think that an ongoing theme with Fitterer was that he was always convinced that we were in win now mode, and he made a bunch of, in hindsight, terrible decisions/trades with that mindset. I do think they held onto Burns because he talked all that wanting to stay in Carolina talk, and we were going into a new, hopeful season with what a lot of talking heads were saying was one of the greatest assemblings of NFL coaches on one team ever. The reality was the coaching sucked and Burns didn't perform up to the hype last season. If he'd had a season like Brown, we'd have a real conundrum on our hands. He is absolutely not worth the money the Giants paid him, at least not based on his past performance. Some of y'all let Sheena get you too hyped up over her buddy. 

I love them going out and getting two big, nasty guards. You have to put Bryce in a position to succeed in order to evaluate whether he's your long term starter or the guy whose terrible play gets you the first pick in the 2025 draft. Either way, a dominant line is a good thing to have going forward. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Literally watching ESPN First Take and Shannon Sharpe and he literally said we got dumb dumb people running the FO.

It's kind of sad how many people are starting to trash our franchise in the Nat'l media. Never thought we would ever be the laughing stock of the league, but we are officially that team.

Tepper buying the team was the worst thing that could ever happen.

You lost me at Shannon Sharpe

11 minutes ago, pantherdad said:

You lost me at Shannon Sharpe

Fine Colin Cowherd just said we are the worst team in the NFL and it ain't even close.

I can go on and on people think we are a joke. This is something we have to embrace as long as Tepper is around.

8 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Fine Colin Cowherd just said we are the worst team in the NFL and it ain't even close.

I can go on and on people think we are a joke. This is something we have to embrace as long as Tepper is around.

Cowherd's reputation around here is even lower than Sharpe's and that's saying something. 

16 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Cowherd's reputation around here is even lower than Sharpe's and that's saying something. 

The point is numerous people on Nat'l tv has crowned us as the worst team in football. This is what we have become with Tepper in charge.

1 hour ago, SetfreexX said:

The situation then was not the same as today, those firsts were two, and three years away respectively at the time. And it stands to reason they believed they would get Brian resigned, but once he started talking 2nd overall DE money conversations crumbled and here we are. 

well, when they refused two first round picks and then some for him.....they essentially then conceded they viewed him as someone worthy of top tier DE money.    Because if not, you take the picks the moment that absurd offer was made for him. 

I mean, that's when they botched it.  You can't have it every which way.  Refusing the picks means they had to overpay him.  They opted to just botch it all. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

well, when they refused two first round picks and then some for him.....they essentially then conceded they viewed him as someone worthy of top tier DE money.    Because if not, you take the picks the moment that absurd offer was made for him. 

I mean, that's when they botched it.  You can't have it every which way.  Refusing the picks means they had to overpay him.  They opted to just botch it all. 

Pretty much. How they didn't know what Burns was looking for in money when the trade offer was turned down is beyond me. If they knew they weren't paying him what he wanted then there's not a single reason to turn it down. Nobody turns that down for a player not named Patrick Mahomes.