• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jadeveon Clowney visiting Panthers

43 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

Probably should go after both. We need at least two veteran pass rushers.

the potential that is there if we had both is amazing.

not expecting much in the way of effort from either, though. i would like to have them both and be surprised. worth a shot.

23 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

Why not both?

Chase Young literally was jogging on touchdown runs during the NFCCG. He obviously doesn’t care about football, but rather what football brings to him. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, NAS said:

Agreed and he will surely want to play well coming home to the Carolinas 

Yea need two.  I would personally prefer Wonnum and Young though.   Clowney would be my odd man out of the 3 depending on the deals.

I find this interesting bc I was certain if we were going to sign him, it would've been last year with Fitt being the GM and having already been familiar with him from Seattle and Clowney being a FA still as the season approached...  but, IIRC, Morgan was also there when they brought Clowney in.  So interesting one apparently wants him while the other didn't from the same FO.

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

Panthers are addressing the pass rusher position just like they addressed the WR position last season. Sign veterans in the twilight of their careers. 

And that veteran WR was the only reliable option gaining 100+ catches and 1000+ yards?

Not saying it’s going to happen again but it could 🙂 

55 minutes ago, Growl said:

they gave one player a $100 million dollar contract 

A five year deal to me says this guy is a long term option, there after the rebuild.

We do need to confirm that Young is or isn’t the guy, so that is a key part of the rebuild. I’m not sold on Young at all but if a miracle happens, that would be a large part of the rebuild.

I just don’t like Robinson type deals where we aren’t getting a long term piece of the puzzle.

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, csx said:

Underachieving free agents don't help build the roster.

He had a really good year last season and the Ravens and their fans all want him back still. Him leaving opens up a big hole for the Ravens. Meanwhile, the fan base for the worst team in the league thinks we're too good for him. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1