• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Howell traded to Seattle

6 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Not clear cut for me at all.  He had an amazing 31 fumbles in 3 seasons.  He leaves to pocket consistently and just isn’t very consistent as a passer.

He hasn’t faced any good defenses in college and when he did he lost.

I get it and honestly this class is looking a little overrated to me. Caleb should have a nice foundation in Chicago with Moore, Swift, Kmet, Allen and whatever they do at pick 9. It looks like Daniels will be heading to Washington without as much help. 

Just now, ForJimmy said:

I get it and honestly this class is looking a little overrated to me. Caleb should have a nice foundation in Chicago with Moore, Swift, Kmet, Allen and whatever they do at pick 9. It looks like Daniels will be heading to Washington without as much help. 

I completely agree the team they go to matters more than anything.  Hard to say between Chicago and Washington.  Commanders have spent a lot of money in FA and Chicago has a decent amount of skill players.  I would put New England as the worst situation right now.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

We weren’t in the right situation to do it but agree.  Howell is really good.  On a good team who knows

yeah I like the fact that he is young & cheap & healthy & is at that stage of his carrer where he could very well transition into a solid starter one day &  all that combined  sounds like a great plan B at Qb

6 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

Good on SEA.  A 4th and 6th instead of a 3rd and 5th for them plus a top backup.   That's a great trade for them.

I'd take that in a minute. Draft or sign/trade for a good WR and see how it rolls.

10 minutes ago, chbright said:

Lol this is crazy deal for Seattle. Cost of howell vs Bryce, ouch.

Brutal. Especially if you include the CMC/Burns trades and the new guard/wr additions. Willing to gut your good defense just to see if this little guy can be a decent game manager lol. Hopefully if he's not they'll bench his ass and throw Dalton out there so we can watch actual competitive NFL football

• Pie 1

Late to see this news but wouldnt have minded howell trade at all.  They basically got a qb who was leading the nfl in yards halfway through last year for almost nothing. I believe he starts for seattle at some pointhis year. 

4 minutes ago, fanpanther said:

Late to see this news but wouldnt have minded howell trade at all.  They basically got a qb who was leading the nfl in yards halfway through last year for almost nothing. I believe he starts for seattle at some pointhis year. 

Wouldn't surprise me if Howell and Fields both don't end up starting this year.

44 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

They could’ve easily sold a trade for Fields with his ability to run. Bring him in on short yardage plays. We don’t have that with Young or Dalton and it’s a valuable thing. 

They're terrified to have even a hint of competition. Which is wild. Bryce went to Alabama. Trust and believe that Nick Saban was signing the best QBs he could get to put pen to paper every single year. If you're starting somewhere like Alabama or Georgia or OSU, etc. you came out of a pressure cooker. Oh, I'm a 4* or 5* recruit. STFU, practically everybody here is. You wouldn't be here if you weren't. Be the best or ride the pine.

We're treating this guy with kid gloves when you can get your bottom dollar he never was at Alabama.