• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wonnum to Panthers

5 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Burns was double the pressures with over 40. Rest of the stats are very similar

Wonnum had 38 pressures. Maybe you're thinking of QB hits?

The real question is how many times did Wonnum let a TE make him look like a complete b****? Burns was at least double digits in that category

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 2

44 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

That is right--the difference is about $18m.  So we get this guy and an elite Right guard for about what we would have paid disgruntled Peter Parker

That’s a difference of about $23m a year. Burns got 30, we gave Wonnum about 7. Much better value. We got Wonnum, elite RG Hunt and $3m space for Burns cost. 

Edited by JawnyBlaze
  • Pie 1

Yea I'ma look at this as a YGM pass rush upgrade... get Clowney and Fuller and this defense could be better than expected. Or ink Fuller and draft Chop.

Not finished yet by far but better than expected as a whole ... esp with our cap and situation.

And this is the first wave...early second. Yea Morgan is putting in work. 

41 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Wonnum had 38 pressures. Maybe you're thinking of QB hits?

The real question is how many times did Wonnum let a TE make him look like a complete b****? Burns was at least double digits in that category

No I was thinking of pressure rate, do had one of the lowest pressure rates and win rates in the NFL last season. 9% and 8% I believe. Burns was around double that rate or higher while facing double the amount of double team blocks. 

the reason the stats are similar is because DJ had way more pass rush opportunities compared to Burns. 

Edited by carpanfan96

3 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

No I was thinking of pressure rate, do had one of the lowest pressure rates and win rates in the NFL last season. 9% and 8% I believe. Burns was around double that rate or higher while facing double the amount of double team blocks. 

the reason the stats are similar is because DJ had way more pass rush opportunities compared to Burns. 

Pretty much what I read about him.

Vikings UFA profile: OLB D.J. Wonnum - Sports Illustrated Minnesota Vikings News, Analysis and More

Having said that, he fits the timeline well. We're full rebuilding now, so I don't expect a fully complete or even competitive defense next year. Wonnum should imrpove as defensive ends can have a long developing career arc.