• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Michael Gallup to visit with Panthers

19 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Debatable whether or not Williams at this point is more than marginally better, mainly because they both have some post injury baggage, Williams  coming of a much more recent injury, the same injury, gives more pause for concern.

But I'm not going to debate that....I'd be fine with him too. Both carry s risk. Both would be worth it. Both would give us tough targets we didn't have before.

But the way you talk, picking up Gallup or Williams would exclude us picking up a WR or maybe even two on draft day. It won't. The inclusion of either of those guys, just like all the other additions, raise our bottom line of talent across the board.

For a talent deprived team, that's a good thing... getting more talent in here than what was here before.

Lol what I never said we shouldn't take a WR.

I said we shouldn't double dip which many have been suggesting. If we don't sign another WR then I could see the possibility of us double dipping. I expect us to sign another WR though which explains the visits we have next week.

2 hours ago, fanpanther said:

Yep terrible throw but one an nfl wr should catch

That’s not a terrible throw. It’s Mingo having some of the worst field awareness since Dan Orlovsky was playing QB. 

Edited by ECHornet
  • Pie 2
  • Poo 1

5 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Please no more average WRs. We can't keep signing these bums and expect them to solve our problems.

He would be the third option at best an would be used to take the top off of defenses.

Don't understand the hate.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Gallup had studs ahead of him eating up targets.  What was Mingo's excuse?  The juggernaut known as Adam Thielen?

Which might imply that Mingo was facing better CBs.   Too many variables, but the # of targets is a good point, but we are also comparing a vet to a rookie season with a rookie QB behind a bad OL.  Dallas had Prescott and a good OL--and we both know that improves timing.  A QB forced off his spot probably does not put the ball where it needs to be when it needs to be there.  "The NFL average catchable throw rate from a clean pocket is 79.4%, compared to a lowly 60.5% when pressured."  That percentage suggests that the difference of catchable balls was not that different.

Don't get me wrong, I would take Gallup, but my point was that he should not be paid $11.5m here. 

Edited by MHS831

1 hour ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Gallup targets: 57

Mingo targets: 85

To make sure you saw this:  Bryce was hesitant and had a horrible OL...."The NFL average catchable throw rate from a clean pocket is 79.4%, compared to a lowly 60.5% when pressured."  That percentage suggests that the difference of catchable balls was not that different.  Dak, with a solid OL vs. a rookie with a terrible OL.

And I am not one of those people who will not admit if I am wrong or hear a perspective that contradicts my view.  The target issue is a good point. but there are a lot of variables.  You could argue (illogically) that Mingo got more targets because he was open more.  We only assume the reason--and how often were Mingo's targets when the QB had broken from his delivery point and was trying to make a play.  I hope you are right if we sign him.

18 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

He's got a defender within a fingers graps of his face and he's rolling out to the right towards the sideline. If he throws the ball anymore inside he'd be throwing across his body while on the run with a defender in his face. Where exactly is he supposed to put that ball aside from the perfect spot he threw it to on the sideline? If Mingo didn't overrun/adjust his body in a weird angle that should be an easy pitch and catch

Leading the receiver towards the sideline allowing him to drag his feet and make the catch low and away .  The pass was behind the wr causing him to try and stop or reach back making it a tough catch but still should have been caught . Tough throw also but one 1st overall pick should make.   Both seem terrible maybe this year will be better if not both should be gone.