• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Justin Fields traded for bag of chips, why couldn’t we get Gerber competition?

15 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

So why waste another pick when you can just roll with Bryce and make that decision in 2025 and use the capital saved to address other needs?

It would just be more poor asset management throwing more draft picks at QBs when the team as a whole was a dumpster fire last season.

Give Bryce another shot and see what we actually have.

Yeah there's no point signing fields cuz he's not the answer either. Unfortunately the draft class of QBs next year doesn't look promising 

• Pie 3

Some of y'all have an image of Justin Fields that I just don't see I guess. He hasn't really done anything extraordinary other than be a QB we didn't draft. If he were putting up CJ Stroud level of numbers and leading the Bears to the playoffs then I'd get it.. But he's been on an equally abysmal team who has drafted just as poorly. Just don't see how he could elevate us when he couldn't elevate the Bears. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

If I was GMing bears and best offer is a 6th, "Hey fields, congrats on remaining a bear and look forward to seeing you grow".

Im having a young talented backup for cheap over some 7th/6th dart toss.

Agreed. However I think they want the locker room all in on Caleb. That could be tough with Fields there. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Call Me James said:

Because people don’t value 6th round picks.

People don’t like watching their team lose without making changes.

last season there was a fair chorus that if Bryce is the problem, then we can’t evaluate our other talent properly.

TLDR; what does it hurt taking a flyer on a qb with a 6th round pick?

they just paid two guards top money traded for a WR and set themselves up to take BPA and BPWR after the Burns trade.

They made changes already.

Trading for Fields does nothing to improve our team for either the short or long haul because:

a - He's not good

b - they already have Bryce so it would be a waste to add Fields for a meaningless QB competition

c - They want to evaluate Bryce with a better supporting cast

d - Fields is only under contract for this season so there is no incentive to actually play and pay him

e - it's throwing even more draft assets at a QB, something we have done enough of already

f - is for friends who do stuff together

g - we aren't expected to be great this season, we're going to evaluate the offense and make changes next season if necessary

The only reasons for trading for fields were:

a - he run good

b - it didn't cost much

As bad as Bryce was last season, he was still a better passer than Fields was. Fields was absolute ass garbage at throwing the ball and has been since he entered the league. He's an electric runner, but that is it. He can't read a defense, can't scan the field, scrambles into sacks, and can't throw with anticipation.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, ECHornet said:

Jaycee has his own issues (injury related), but those who were so adamant we should have drafted Fields instead appear…..wrong. 

If we drafted fields instead of horn we’d likely be in the bears position and not our own.

id rather that as bleak as that is

Just now, ECHornet said:

Jaycee has his own issues (injury related), but those who were so adamant we should have drafted Fields instead appear…..wrong. 

I wanted him. I’m not sure he wouldn’t have looked better with CMC and DJ Moore from his rookie year. The Bears did about everything you shouldn’t do. Bad team around him and a new offense every year. 

• Beer 1

Aren’t you supposed to be done with the Panthers? You threw an epic emotional diatribe on here the other day saying you were done, yet here you are still stirring the pot with emotion based hot takes. Go away or get back on the wagon, but please stop acting like a child.

Edited by Panthera onca
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

they just paid two guards top money traded for a WR and set themselves up to take BPA and BPWR after the Burns trade.

They made changes already.

Trading for Fields does nothing to improve our team for either the short or long haul because:

a - He's not good

b - they already have Bryce so it would be a waste to add Fields for a meaningless QB competition

c - They want to evaluate Bryce with a better supporting cast

d - Fields is only under contract for this season so there is no incentive to actually play and pay him

e - it's throwing even more draft assets at a QB, something we have done enough of already

f - is for friends who do stuff together

g - we aren't expected to be great this season, we're going to evaluate the offense and make changes next season if necessary

The only reasons for trading for fields were:

a - he run good

b - it didn't cost much

As bad as Bryce was last season, he was still a better passer than Fields was. Fields was absolute ass garbage at throwing the ball and has been since he entered the league. He's an electric runner, but that is it. He can't read a defense, can't scan the field, scrambles into sacks, and can't throw with anticipation.

Bryce young was worse than fields though. That’s why they have our No 1 overall pick.

And if we did still have the no 1 pick we’d also be taking a QB at 1 and teams probably wouldn’t be in a bidding war for Bryce either.

Edited by Call Me James
  • Pie 4

25 minutes ago, frankw said:

It's comical how poorly run we've been compared to even the Bears.

Now they can draft yet another QB and load up with even more top end talent. Question is can they draft worth a damn. We'll see.

Don’t forget, this is their 2nd swing at QB in only a few short years.  They swung, missed, recognized the miss, created an opportunity, worked the #1 pick trade (to perfection), and they are now getting their 2nd shiny new QB. 

Remember the timeline.  Ours may mirror this in the near future.  Or it may not.  Time will tell. 

• Beer 3

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Agreed. However I think they want the locker room all in on Caleb. That could be tough with Fields there. 

I mean what's the downside?? he beats out caleb williams??? oOoOO noes!1!1!!! Say Williams starts and is super struggling, well fields is there cheap, talents, and got exp.

Why is it you can not have more than one talented&young QBs?? Look everyone has to compete and do so every year against a younger cheaper draft pool. 

Even if fields came up to the " I can not play behind that kid....."

Bas- " Well I can not trade a 9th overall talented young player for a 6th, welcome to the pros..."