• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pump the brakes

I know there was a 50/50 over Young and Stroud last year, it wasn’t 90% Stroud 10% Young. Stroud was put into a much better situation. He also had a much stellar year than anyone could have expected. He was a rookie qb in MVP talks. It will over shadow Bryce. Let’s give this man a chance though. His awful coach was fired a few games in. Hopefully we worked on the O line, we brought in a better receiver. Stop all the hate, give Bryce a chance. There had to be a reason he was regarded as a number 1 pick, not just by the team that took him. 

• Pie 8

12 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

Bryce 1 Stroud 0 head to head discussion over 

Yea cause thats more important than going to the playoffs and having one of the best seasons as a rookie QB ever

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I am not going to say it again on here; we need to use Bryce's assets and not try to fit him into a system.  We need a system designed for him.  Bringing in the 2 guards is a start.  HOWEVER...

To me, the successful conversion of Bryce Young comes with a huge price tag.  If we turn it around and Bryce plays well because we have an offensive line that makes $90m, he is going to want $50m and the WRs will demand another $50m.  Not even mentioning RBs and TEs, but we will need $200m just for the offense at this rate.   I see this process as a long term bust--if it works, you are screwed because it requires a stud OL and stud WRs.  OTC Right now, before all free agents and draft picks are signed and a QB on a rookie deal posts the following: 

• Offense: $133,819,164
  • Defense: $62,906,915
  • Special: $6,431,168

If Bryce was a veteran on a second contract, you could add $40m to this figure.  We have no #1 WR and no stud TE. As you can see, the Offensive budget needs to be around $120m.  We are over that now--with QB on a rookie contract.

The only way to do this is by having 3 OL on a rookie contract at all times, and maybe only 2 WRs on second contracts. 

Bingo. It's the conundrum the Niners will find themselves in when they have to pay Purdy. A QB like that only works on a rookie contract. Take away the ability to surround him with an elite, high paid supporting cast and you're in trouble.

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Bingo. It's the conundrum the Niners will find themselves in when they have to pay Purdy. A QB like that only works on a rookie contract. Take away the ability to surround him with an elite, high paid supporting cast and you're in trouble.

Same thing is going to happen in Miami with Tua

• Pie 1

With that said, our entire system was so damn bad last year. Our OL was dreadful. Just from the standpoint of watching prospects for myself I am curious to see how Bryce does in a better situation/offense. From the Panthers fan in me, I am not so curious 

Lawrence was in a similar situation his rookie season and then the Jags went out and got him a RG (Scherff), WR (Kirk) and TE (Engram). Obviously I am not comparing the two in any other form than their situations alone. 

The real unfortunate thing is if Bryce flops there is no QB worth taking 1st overall next year. So we’re back to where we were before Bryce. Which again is why I’d draft a QB in this years draft if the right guy falls 

33 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I am not going to say it again on here; we need to use Bryce's assets and not try to fit him into a system.  We need a system designed for him.  Bringing in the 2 guards is a start.  HOWEVER...

To me, the successful conversion of Bryce Young comes with a huge price tag.  If we turn it around and Bryce plays well because we have an offensive line that makes $90m, he is going to want $50m and the WRs will demand another $50m.  Not even mentioning RBs and TEs, but we will need $200m just for the offense at this rate.   I see this process as a long term bust--if it works, you are screwed because it requires a stud OL and stud WRs.  OTC Right now, before all free agents and draft picks are signed and a QB on a rookie deal posts the following: 

• Offense: $133,819,164
  • Defense: $62,906,915
  • Special: $6,431,168

If Bryce was a veteran on a second contract, you could add $40m to this figure.  We have no #1 WR and no stud TE. As you can see, the Offensive budget needs to be around $130m.  We are over that now--with QB on a rookie contract.

The only way to do this is by having 3 OL on a rookie contract at all times, and maybe only 2 WRs on second contracts. 

So basically by time we get a system in place for Bryce to thrive in, he will be due a second contract and not be affordable in the system anymore 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2