• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OT Yosh Nijman to the Panthers

1 hour ago, ECHornet said:

Could BC compete with Corbett at center? Or is he being groomed for RT if Ickey works out?

My theory is BC is going to be the RT when the Panthers move on from Moton next season. I think he’s just going to be the “next guy” up this year for whatever position needs filled.

• Pie 1

For as much as fans complained about a lack of depth all around last year, we also have way more than I anticipated complaining about a depth youngish swing tackle getting inked.

Can’t have it both ways.

It is what it is….a depth signing that can start well in a pinch. He’s not replacing any of the starters long-term. 

• Pie 3

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, Icky was trash last year. It wouldn't take much.

Well most of the line was. For all we know that will continue. Seems about par for the course.

I am just pushing back on the "trash to treasure" narrative of a potentially inconsequential signing. We always do this every offseason.

According to some Packer fans, he's actually a solid player, the few times he did play. But evidently something happened between him and a member of the Packer coaching staff that got him benched. This could be a very good signing. 

• Beer 2

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's 6'7". Centers are usually the shortest guy on the OL.

I had to google BC’s height after your post. He’s listed at 6’6. I honestly didn’t realize he was that tall. I think he could be a serviceable replacement for Moton when that time comes. 

I hope he turns out to be a reliable depth signing for us and is capable of protecting a QB. I don't know if it was just terrible coaching or terrible players but it felt like last year that most of our line just forgot that they were in the NFL and forgot that they were paid to block unfortunately.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I think this is sneakily our best signing. 

BC if Ickey doesn't work out our offensive line is once again completely fuged even with the new guards. this guy will at least give us average level starting ability (aka what Cam Newton basically prayed for every year of his career with us after Gross retired)

• Beer 2