• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Duce Staley on wanting to Keep Foreman per Joe Person

15 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

https://x.com/josephperson/status/1628809476626055169?s=61&t=GQi76s6QPYbghkf3OPMywA

Asked about the importance of re-signing D'Onta Foreman, Panthers asst. HC/RB coach Duce Staley said:

"Super high for me -- but my last name ain't Fitterer."

Lol. A bit of tension in that room 

meh... i dont read too much into that. A coach and a GM are not always going to agree on players. Do we know that Fitt DIDNT offer him a contract?

1 hour ago, jfra78 said:

We all assumed that because of the connection

At the very least, he would’ve had to OK the deal. I can’t imagine we would’ve signed of running back if the running back coach didn’t like him.

1 hour ago, jfra78 said:

We all assumed that because of the connection

I think Fitterer simply signed the biggest names he could at WR and RB to sell to the fanbase…….to try to mask how bad his CMC and Moore trades were. 

Coming off the Rhule nightmare and then trading away our best 2 players….he had felt obligated to throw names at us to lessen the blowback.   And it worked. All star coach narrative throwing random coaches together.  They falsely claimed Miles was a 3 down RB despite Philly parting with him because he wasn’t, etc

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

4 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

https://x.com/josephperson/status/1628809476626055169?s=61&t=GQi76s6QPYbghkf3OPMywA

Asked about the importance of re-signing D'Onta Foreman, Panthers asst. HC/RB coach Duce Staley said:

"Super high for me -- but my last name ain't Fitterer."

Lol. A bit of tension in that room 

Good Lord, did Fitterer make ANY good decisions?  Everything he touched went straight to poo. 

Can't use the Fhule excuse now, dumbass. 

1 hour ago, csx said:

13 month old tweet we already discussed last year.

They're both gone now.

Yes I realized that after I posted it

no idea why it showed up in my feed today 

regardless I believe it further shows the disconnects in the front office   I don’t recall seeing this specific comment from Duece either  

4 hours ago, mwa78 said:

At the very least, he would’ve had to OK the deal. I can’t imagine we would’ve signed of running back if the running back coach didn’t like him.

This happens all the time across the NFL, not hard to imagine whatsoever.