• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Article: Dan Morgan: Good discussions about Derrick Brown extension, I think it will work out

41 minutes ago, Panthero said:

Nah. I'm an Auburn fan, but if we give him thirty it's an overpay. He's a top ten DT, but he's not top 5.  

Now that Darnold has retired, name 5 better than Burns? The guy just set an NFL record for all time tackles in a season for his position 

57 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Now that Darnold has retired, name 5 better than Burns? The guy just set an NFL record for all time tackles in a season for his position 

He’s without a question top 5 for sure. Top 3 for me, what he does that doesn’t show on the stat sheet is elite 

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

How is this not the #1 priority all things considered?  How hard could this possibly be?

Well, we waited until Wilkins signed a $27.5M a year FA deal just like with Burns we waited until Bosa to sign.

We’re not smart with our extensions or trades or drafting and until we prove otherwise we’ll just have to assume the worst.

1 hour ago, WarPanthers89 said:

some lists get real murky after the top couple guys are named....

I think Jones and Williams are 1 and 2.  Then you got like 6 or 8 guys you could all start arguing for.  But there is a solid clump of guys that all would have good arguments for those 3 final spots IMO. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

some lists get real murky after the top couple guys are named....

I think Jones and Williams are 1 and 2.  Then you got like 6 or 8 guys you could all start arguing for.  But there is a solid clump of guys that all would have good arguments for those 3 final spots IMO. 

exactly. Brown may be 5, he may be 10. either way, hes a badass and i'm glad to have him. still no reason to give out wild overpays. 25 like mentioned above is about it to me. 

not sure i can make a case why he deserves more than number 6 and 7 on this list. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/defensive-tackle/

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

i don't think he'll be unreasonable and he has demonstrated his worth far more than burns.

i have no doubt that this will be a top priority, but it's nothing that needs done right now. as long as they are having good discussions and are in the same ballpark i think we are good. with burns, i don't think we were ever on the same continent with him. 

Compared to Burns--who was protecting himself by not going 100%, this guy never leaves the field, he chases RBs and QBs to the opposite sidelines, preventing cut backs.  His motor is incredible and he never leaves the field when the other team has the ball.  Build around him.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1