• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Notebook: Dave Canales likes new-look offensive line

31 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Bozeman reading this:

disappointed standing in the rain GIF

yeah i almost feel bad for him and his wife because they worked so hard to become a part of the community down here. 

oh well...moving on.

5 minutes ago, rayzor said:

still not sure about that whole corbett to center thing. 

we have to draft a guy. 

That's my biggest worry on the offense line. Will he stay healthy and be able to hold down the job? If not who replaces him, another scrub? I want a long term solution found before Colbert breaks down as he most likely will. 

• Pie 3

19 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

That's my biggest worry on the offense line. Will he stay healthy and be able to hold down the job? If not who replaces him, another scrub? I want a long term solution found before Colbert breaks down as he most likely will. 

This is a good year to draft a center.  A starter capable rookie to back up Colbert should be available at our first three picks.

MHS was on to something when he suggested that we need 3-4 of our O line starters on rookie contracts at any point in time.  

IMG_1377.gif

Edited by bythenbrs
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Our offensive line has to be elite.  I think Morgan has done a good job, at least on paper, of giving us a great offensive line.  If our RBs can run through this line than it is going to make it much easier for Young to pass the ball when needed.  I think D. Johnson is going to have a monster year with this offense.  Even if we draft a rookie WR he will be the #1 target for Young.

There are several additions to this team that could be busts or they could be great.  This first group of free agents will define Morgan going forward.   I have always been optimistic and believe most of these guys will perform well. 

We'll see but if we can put a competitive team on the field, regardless of our final record, I will be happy going forward. 

4 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

This is a good year to draft a center.  A starter capable rookie should be available at our first three picks to back up Colbert.

MHS was on to something when he suggested that we need 3-4 of our O line starters on rookie contracts at any point in time.  

IMG_1377.gif

Well, we have one so lots of work to do. Our OL is probably up there for most expensive right now because we barely drafted OL since 2017 and the best OL we’ve drafted since 2017 is BC.

We just need to get to a place where we can keep drafting OL every year.

42 minutes ago, rayzor said:

still not sure about that whole corbett to center thing. 

we have to draft a guy. 

hate to start a rookie on OL.  Best thing is to let Corbet handle it this year, his final year on contract.  Use one of our first 3 picks on c and let him learn a year and strengthen up.

We're getting lucky  on that position.  One of Van Pran-Granger out of Georgia, Barton out of Duke or Frazier out of WVA would get the job done.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1