• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We signed Clowney....

54 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

How can you not get excited about what Morgan has done in the off-season?  He's addressed almost every position of need with good players.  He's added depth to some critical positions and studs in positions we were extremely weak on.  

I realize it is all on paper right now but I think our defense might be better than last year's team and the offense will be greatly improved as well.  

I agree, there were a million negative post about Morgan when he traded burns. I'm glad that he recognized how overrated Burns is...

• Pie 3

• Donnelly says this can be looked at as a win now move since Cloweney has been in the "mercenary phase" of his career the last couple years.
  • He says the Panthers might be feeling they are closer to competing than most think and plays a clip of DC saying they can compete for the division next season.
  • Donnelly doesn't think the Panthers are as close as Morgan and Co seem to believe.
  • Wishes the contract was for a little less
  • Pie 2

Well maybe they will win 4 games......jokes aside, that's not an over pay(unlike hunt). Clowney has a bad rep about being lazy, but in recent years he may have changed that. IMO he just had his best season, but it was with ravens players. 

Plus imo, this doesn't change the draft for me. 

Lastly, I know during Houston he played end like JJ watt. With turtle, brown and newly signed A'Shawn Robinson...... where does clowny play??....., it cannot be OLB at 32 years old is it? I get DL rotate, just seems 4 guys for 3 spots and egos about starting could cause issues. 

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Gotta say i like this...still not getting overly excited tho. With all things considered the defense wasnt much of problem last year. THe improvement will come from the offense and we just gonna have to wait on that.

Going from the worst OG unit in NFL history to it now being a possible strength on the team is going to do wonders for the offense alone. I expect the scheme not to be too crazy but definitely a step up from the archaic philosophy Reich/Brown came up with. Skill positions should also be much better on offense too with Diontae + draft pick + a full NFL offseason for Mingo and of course Thielen not having to be the focal point. Hard to be super optimistic with how many times we've been let down the last 6+ years however, on paper it's looking pretty damn solid so far.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 1