• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hope for TMJ?

20 minutes ago, CarolinaWillRise said:

This is so on point the same clown who posted about the Greatness of steves wilks the day before he got fired, This dude thinks know it all clown Is wrong like 95% of the time.

bye. third (at least) alt for whoever @CarolinaWillRise is

• The D 1
  • Flames 1

I mean, he hasn't been the answer to a lot of questions so far, but he isn't costing us much more money than his roster spot at the moment. Let him compete.

Of course, he might want to work on more than one good route. 

There is literally such a lack of talent on this roster right now that just by giving it some semblance of effort you could make a difference. That's a heck of an opportunity for someone who is willing to work at it. But if that drive isn't there, then we can't manufacture something for him.

Root hog or die.

I had a lot of hope for him coming out of LSU. He was an amazing #2 at a place known recently to have amazing WR talent.

I think he has potential, so I think they should look to maximize that, but based on his history he can't be depended on as a priority.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, jb2288 said:

I'm with you on this one. You can't make a determination on ANYONE on offense from last year, it was just a JUCO level coaching and roster management effort. Before last year he flashed a few times but again, joke of a coaching staff (but not as bad as whatever Reich was doing). 

I don't expect anything elite from TMJ, but he 100% can be a Josh Reynolds type of player. Not a massive impact guy, but can get you 500-700 yards a year and help stretch the defense a bit. If he turns into someone that opposing d coordinators have to at least consider and plan for which opens up the defense a bit... catch a few long balls a year and give us 500 yards and lets call it a day. 

Reason I pump the breaks on both TMJ and Mingo…..is they were just 500-700 per year collegiate guys. 

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Terrace Marshall had a lot of potential and was flashing very nicely until pipsqueak took over under center.  His decline, and the decline of the entire offense, can be completely blamed on Bryce Young's absolute ineptitude as a QB.

Yep. This offense was such an elite group in 2022, that it has to be the pipsqueak QB (that at least 50% of the NFL had ranked as the #1 pick in the draft) is the reason they passed for 1 yard less than they did in 2022. All with a new offensive scheme that didn't fit the oline or receivers, an completely new coaching staff including a first time OC, a ridiculous number of injuries on the interior oline, losing their only productive WR, and only true receiving all-world running back. Yep, that's it. Makes perfect sense now.

• Pie 3

44 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Terrace Marshall had a lot of potential and was flashing very nicely until pipsqueak took over under center.  His decline, and the decline of the entire offense, can be completely blamed on Bryce Young's absolute ineptitude as a QB.

I was gonna say, the guy flashed way more with Sam Darnold and pj walker at QB than bryce who is a no.1 pick. So technically bryce is supposed to be hands down better than those guys.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Now a rookie Bryce Young is being blamed for TMJ having done nothing in his three year career.  Poor guy is turning into the "Thanks Obama" meme.

I heard it's Bryce's fault that TJ Watt injured Cam and ruined his shoulder.  He also may have shot JFK....

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I was gonna say, the guy flashed way more with Sam Darnold and pj walker at QB than bryce who is a no.1 pick. So technically bryce is supposed to be hands down better than those guys.

Reich barely gave him any playing time.  Hell he was inactive for several games last year.  I think he played 9 games with limited snaps.  

10 minutes ago, strato said:

No he is not being blamed for the last two seasons but you really cannot excuse Young’s effect last year. I know you want to, so you do.

He was inactive for a chunk of games, only played 9 with limited snaps. Sure you can blame the QB but he has to be towards the bottom of the liability list I would imagine. 
I do think Bryce shares some blame of Mingo’s issues last year. He are some examples…

12 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He was inactive for a chunk of games, only played 9 with limited snaps. Sure you can blame the QB but he has to be towards the bottom of the liability list I would imagine. 
I do think Bryce shares some blame of Mingo’s issues last year. He are some examples…

That is one of the least impressive 'flash reels' I've ever seen. What is this guy talking about?

1 minute ago, KSpan said:

That is one of the least impressive 'flash reels' I've ever seen. What is this guy talking about?

2 of the 4 are TDs if the pass is timed right.  One he has to come back for the ball.  I think it's only 4 total?