• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers extend defensive tackle Derrick Brown

47 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

My take on Luvu was that he was a bit slow to read (2 gap) and liked to shoot a gap.  Not a bad player, but he was a bit overrated by Panther fans because he flew in under the radar.  However, I would have kept him, but tough choices had to be made.  to me, not re-signing him tells me that we are going after a LB in the draft--Even if we signed jewell.

Probably more about scheme fit than anything else. He played better IMO in 4-3 the prior year as SLB. Not sure if that’s the reason he seemed slow last season or not. Could explain why the Panthers let him walk.

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

This is just going off what spottrac shows.  Trusting it’s right 

That’s def not updated, it has nothing on the books for Brown in 2025 yet. Usually they’ll backload a deal like this with bonuses and lower the 2024 cap hit around $5m, but not sure if that’s Morgan’s style 

3 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Has the yearly structure come out yet? I'd be surprised if they didn't defer some of the hit to future years.

Also, there's always Taylor Moton's contract sitting out there, waiting to be extended/restructured.

I’m working in my studio so only have my iphone and broke twitter but this is the most details i’ve seen. Doesn’t mention the actual cap hit this year after bonus money etc

3 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I was unimpressed with him his rookie season and even his 2nd season. I honestly thought he was a bust. Then he just turned it on and made me look foolish. Which is fine by me. 

He always looked the part and consistently improved every season. That's all you can expect 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Teams were well aware of DB then and thet figured out early on who they had to make damn sure to block.

That's fine. I didn't like him initially and thought he was a waste of a draft pick. I was proven wrong. Which is fine by me

7 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Burns was never a star. He thought he was a star but he was the only one. 

The team’s media and fair weather fans turned him into a star when he wasn’t. Both have a really bad habit of doing that with this team. 

Edited by ProcessBlue2

6 hours ago, beckersteen said:

OK, but when have we ever shown the desire to keep our own drafted talent? It's just a weird message to attach to this after trading away CMC, DJ Moore, Burns, Donte Jackson and letting YGM and Jeremy Chinn walk. I guess we still have Ian Thomas lol!

CMC and DJ got traded but they got paid before they did. 

Burns wanted way too much for what he brings to a team.

Jackson was barely more than a JAG at his best. 

Chinn was out of place in our D and ygm....really??  

We have kept plenty of guys over the years, I wouldnt really put too much into the Fitt bullshit, he was one of the worst GM the NFL has ever seen.

• Beer 2