• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Taylor Motons Contract

I did not realize his cap number for this season was so high.  Hes basically handcuffing the team at almost $30 million this season.  What are the options, restructure?  Extension? Trade?  Is he worth $30 million?

It seems Brandt Tilis has stopped the insane restructuring for a 5 win team. 

I haven't looked but I think Moton is the 8th highest non-QB cap hit in the whole NFL, gooooo panthers!!!!

I think he should take a pay cut.......but that's tilis job now..

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

I haven't looked but I think Moton is the 8th highest non-QB cap hit in the whole NFL, gooooo panthers!!!!

You can't without restructuring it into an extension, for the 3rd time. Just let it die the death it should have and start over with a new cheaper short term contract next year.  

• Pie 5

1 hour ago, chknwing said:

I did not realize his cap number for this season was so high.  Hes basically handcuffing the team at almost $30 million this season.  What are the options, restructure?  Extension? Trade?  Is he worth $30 million?

How have we been handcuffed? We signed a bunch of FA and locked up DB. What more would you have done?

• Beer 3

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

A paycut? That would just ultimately create another hole, and possibly a hole that takes seasons to fill with a player that's comparable. Perhaps we can sign him to something more reasonable next season. He's now the 15th highest paid OT. Keep in mind that he only allowed one sack last season.

https://frontofficesports.com/the-25-highest-paid-nfl-offensive-tackles/

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 2

30 Mil...... 

Damn!. 

How much $$ do we have tied up across that entire line? 

I will say Him and Hunt next to each other is VERY stout. If only I had as much confidence in Corbett at Center, we'd have brickwall infront of Bryce.

Idunno how much cap space we have left but I figured they we're waiting to see if Gilmore will sign back for a couple years before they went moving money again. 

I also think we have our eyes on a tackle in the draft. I wish it were center but hopefully Corbett is more Ryan Kalil than Tyler Larsen/Greg Van Roten.