• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

🚨Tony Pauline: Panthers interested in CB Mike Sainristril @33

10 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I have seen him in mocks around rounds 3-4.  I was a bit surprised he was that low.  I hear a lot of teams like him.  I don't like him at 33 or 39--CB rich draft.  be patient.  I figured we go WR and LB in round 2--after a trade back.

Juan, thanks for bringing us stuff like this when it is slow. 

He's been pretty consistently top 40 on PFF this offseason (currently #34).  #43 overall for Brugler.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

He's been pretty consistently top 40 on PFF this offseason.  #43 overall for Brugler.

it really does matter where you do your practice mocks.  I have some that have Elliss (OLB, Utah, I think) at 150.  He will go in round 2 imo. 

I am starting to get pumped about this....just ready to know what he have.  I am looking at this as year 1 or a 2 year rebuild. 

Played 22% outside, 151 snaps of 684, but played one of the highest % of MI defensive snaps. 

What's a given is that he played a lot in Michigans's 4-2-5 with diverse assignments--which people saying he's slot exclusive or nickel aren't really considering the responsibilities for his potential role in the Fangio-hybrid penny package we run...this kid would get used 90%+ of snaps easily.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

it really does matter where you do your practice mocks.  I have some that have Elliss (OLB, Utah, I think) at 150.  He will go in round 2 imo. 

I am starting to get pumped about this....just ready to know what he have.  I am looking at this as year 1 or a 2 year rebuild. 

I'm looking at it like we suck and will still suck.  But maybe we get a good player or two.  

• Pie 1

Dude's a great player. The more I watch and read about him the more I like him and want him on the team. I feel like he'll be a great fit with the DAWG culture Morgan wants to build. I imagine Evero is having wet dreams about having Horn and hopefully if we can convince him to come back Stephon Gilmore playing on the outside with Sainristil playing the slot and moving around the secondary.  

The good news is that the Panthers have plenty of holes and a dearth of talent!  I don't think you can point to a spot and say "we're set there" outside of guard maybe.  

I'd love to get several of these dawgs on the team to help transform the culture.  It may not lead to a 10 in season this year, but is we're able to reset the roster and attitude...  It won't hurt my feelings.

• Pie 2

He reminds me of Lamarcus Joyner coming out. He is a tough evaluation because on the one hand, he was super productive, but on the other, he lacks any standout translatable traits for his position.

He's a tough, smart player, and he will likely get playing time for whoever drafts him, but it is hard to justify drafting a role/gadget player earlier than late round 2 or round 3. He's a nickel that can dabble at free safety. But he lacks length for corner, and the bulk for safety. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, XClown1986 said:

He reminds me of Lamarcus Joyner coming out. He is a tough evaluation because on the one hand, he was super productive, but on the other, he lacks any standout translatable traits for his position.

He's a tough, smart player, and he will likely get playing time for whoever drafts him, but it is hard to justify drafting a role/gadget player earlier than late round 2 or round 3. He's a nickel that can dabble at free safety. But he lacks length for corner, and the bulk for safety. 

I think that's all very fair to consider.

Decent comp. 

I'd say there's shades of Devin McCourty who ended up converting to FS but had some good years at CB.  For his best case? - no doubt easy ones to point to would be Anton Winfield or Asante Samuel.