• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer: Panthers could "hold auction" for #33 pick

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Trading down more times than not has you kicking yourself in hindsight. 

when you suck you got lots of holes. I disagree with watering down picks to gain numbers 

I agree we need great players on this team.  If they trade down it needs to be slightly 

5 minutes ago, RJK said:

So is this report that the falcons and eagles might lose first round picks moving Carolina into the first round false?

That probably won’t be until next year. However it won’t change the rounds. There would only be 30 picks in round 1 for example and round 2 would still be the next day. This just happened with the Dolphins I believe. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

9 minutes ago, RJK said:

So is this report that the falcons and eagles might lose first round picks moving Carolina into the first round false?

I don’t know but if they make a team forfeit picks I believe they just bypass them. You might be picking 33rd though with only 30 players gone.

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

45 and I (among others) think this is a probability (not trying to put words in his mouth) but in THIS draft, I think it could be the thing to do--reason?  We have 3-4 pressing needs that we seem to want to address:  WR, LB, CB, and RB.  I could have added C and TE and another WR---

Stamp of approval brother.

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

This or id even think about trading for a 2nd next year because we don’t have one but I’m only doing so if the team we trade with has a top 10 pick (2nd round) in this years draft so we don’t fall that far down the board 

This would actually make sense. Trading down only to get like a 4th rounder I would hang up the phone

4 hours ago, MHS831 said:

45 and I (among others) think this is a probability (not trying to put words in his mouth) but in THIS draft, I think it could be the thing to do--reason?  We have 3-4 pressing needs that we seem to want to address:  WR, LB, CB, and RB.  I could have added C and TE and another WR---

I like trading down but not to draft players you need. I’d rather see them trade down to assemble picks for the future. 

3 hours ago, Cavscout said:

Great, unless there is a good long snapper available at 33...

think about Rhule--what a tool.  He brings in his old players from Baylor and Temple--forget the SEC or Big 10--and then he lets his wife pick a RB on day 3 of a draft and then drafts a long snapper.  In fact, Chubba might be the best pick ever made during that era.

1 hour ago, Tbe said:

We don’t need more practice squad players.

Our scouts suck. Those high 2nd rounders are the best chance we have.

Question from a person that is not great with stats: If the scouts suck, then isn’t it better to view a pick as an educated guess? And if that were true wouldn’t we have a better chance with more guesses? 

• Pie 1