• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer: Panthers could "hold auction" for #33 pick

Supporting Bryce Young will certainly be a priority, and given the strength of the receiver class, it’s not out of line to think that new GM Dan Morgan will tap into wideouts at Nos. 33, 39 or 65. That said, having the first pick in the second round can put a team in a position of power on the Friday of draft weekend, so it’d hardly be shocking to see Morgan hold an auction for the pick after the first round to grow the team’s draft warchest.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/04/22/2024-nfl-draft-team-needs-targets-predictions-picks

• Pie 2

45 and I (among others) think this is a probability (not trying to put words in his mouth) but in THIS draft, I think it could be the thing to do--reason?  We have 3-4 pressing needs that we seem to want to address:  WR, LB, CB, and RB.  I could have added C and TE and another WR---

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

6 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Have they done much work on this years QB class?

They did a lot of work on the last one 

how did that work out

….as I read comments from the coach, sure seems like we gave up a whole helluva lot for a game manager

im not trying to be a smart ass…I just dine believe in putting the season in hands this shaky without something in reserve 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, WestPanthers said:

Unless teams offer next year 1st, otherwise just pick the 2 1st rd grade starter and call it a day.

This or id even think about trading for a 2nd next year because we don’t have one but I’m only doing so if the team we trade with has a top 10 pick (2nd round) in this years draft so we don’t fall that far down the board 

No team is dumb enough to trade a first the 33rd....

TALLAHASSEE - Despite predictions that he would be a middle-to-late first-round choice, former Florida State defensive end Everette Brown slid to the second round in Saturday's NFL Draft.

The Carolina Panthers clearly thought Brown was a first-round value, swapping their first pick in the 2010 draft to San Francisco and snapping up the Atlantic Coast Conference sacks leader with the 43rd pick overall.

too bad panthers can not trade with themselves........

God I hate that fitterererere was worse than hernaiy....

• Flames 1

Honestly, a 2025 1st that is only a few slots up isn’t that great when you have to wait for the payoff. 

Like, pick 25 of next year’s draft is pretty cheap to get #33 this year. 

I would wan t sometheng else this year along with it. OTOH if New England wanted to trade their #1 next year, I am betting that would be a pretty high pick..

Edited by strato

1 minute ago, strato said:

Honestly, a 2025 1st that is only a few slots up isn’t that great when you have to wait for the payoff. 

Like, pick 25 of next year’s draft is pretty cheap to get #33 this year. 

That year in the NFL, learning, growing how to be pro. It's highly valueable to me. It puts that player and team one full year and two off-seasons ahead. 

It almost like which would rather have 1,000 dollars today or 1,111 dollars April 21st 2025?

For me gimme that 1k and I hope to turn it into more before next year......

• Beer 1