• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Xavier Legette WR - Pick 32, Round 1

57 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

You seem to have the same loser mentality that you complain the franchise has.

They think he will be a stud so they want to be able to have him under contract for cheaper and longer.

You don't think anyone we draft will be good so we should trade back and get more picks increasing the chances we land someone.

Why are you so miserable about everything?

Is your personal life as negative as your panther fandom?

You okay dude? I haven't seen you post one non-negative, smarmy or sarcastic thing in like a year. Not even base neutral comments, it's all so negative.

I thought ikcy and chavala would be good 😂

and why are you worried about my personal life thats a bit weird dude, If I am negative its because this franchise continues to shot itself in its dick.  Give me something to be positive and Ill be positive but as of now there is just misstep after misstep. 

4 hours ago, d-dave said:

I know!  He'll make a mistake in practice and then he's an all-time bust, by Huddle Logic.

People are reactionary I agree. That's just sports fandom. We all can get that way at some time or another.

But on the flip side. We also can't write too much from camp even if certain players wow us. Wasn't TMJ a camp hero a couple times then he disappeared in preseason?

Man we've just had it rough all around. Tepper criticism aside. This fanbase has earned something worth watching at minimum.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

are we really going to rehash the whole "twin towers" KB/Funchess talking point again?

I had a similar thought when I saw the Panthers had traded into the first round for Legette on the news this morning. Are they really going to go with big receivers and just tell Young to throw it up so they can go get it like Ron and Co tried with Newton? I hope Legette finds success, but the big receiver thing didn't work then and I don't think it'll work now.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Canales shouldn’t be overly tied to Bryce and I don’t think should be pigeon holed into building a team/future that caters to a guy he didn’t draft. 

Why not? He took the job because he thought he could "fix" Young. Also, his pal and GM had a huge hand in drafting Young. For better or worse, Canales will be tied to Young's success or failure.

Just now, jayboogieman said:

Why not? He took the job because he thought he could "fix" Young. Also, his pal and GM had a huge hand in drafting Young. For better or worse, Canales will be tied to Young's success or failure.

I'm sure it was part of the interview process. Tepper didn't hire him to give him a chance at just being a new head coach, he didn't even interview with anyone else. He got hired to fix Bryce and in return gets a shot at head coaching

• Pie 1

Camp and preseason heroes... Who remembers Walter Young? 

6 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I wasn’t there to know but I might view it more as was capable of fixing NFL QBs, Tepper wants him to fix Young or get his guy in here if he can’t. 

I don’t see how anybody could be that excited over a game manager, that really wants to win a Super Bowl. If that is all Young can be, then you let Canales get his guy. 

Edited by strato

23 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

well, then we will continue to be a poorly run and dysfunctional org IMO.  I think it's poorly run org.....that you would tie someone's hands and careers to the mistakes and decisions of people you fired before them.  You hired them to come in and create something that works.  That generally would mean, throwing in the garbage many things the last group did.  But yeah, this year? Canales is supposed to try to save the investment the guys that just got fired made. 

I mean, Bryce simply put could be a good college quarterback that the folks that just got fired incorrectly picked.   Everyone good in college isn't going to be a good NFL player.  Bryce Young is an an anomaly and unicorn at the position at this level.  That generally ends up being a really good or bad thing. 

But again, Bryce in his own words after a dismal rookie season...said he spent the offseason away from football.  Alone and binging you tube and netflix.    That doesn't sound anything like the QBs that have turned into great NFL QBs.   

I hope for the best.  But if Bryce repeats last season?  They 100% should move on.  You want to force us into a year 3 just because or fire Canales because Bryce isn't a NFL QB?    

1 minute ago, CRA said:

well, then we will continue to be a poorly run and dysfunctional org IMO.  I think it's poorly run org.....that you would tie someone's hands and careers to the mistakes and decisions of people you fired before them.  You hired them to come in and create something that works.  That generally would means, throwing in the garbage many things the last group did.  But yeah, this year? Canales is supposed to try to save the investment the guys that just got fired made. 

I mean, Bryce simply put could be a good college quarterback that the folks that just got fired incorrectly picked.   Everyone good in college isn't going to be a good NFL player.  And it's also why decent college players often can become great NFL players.  HCs don't determine all that.  Sometimes they do.  Sure. 

But again, Bryce in his own words after a dismal rookie season...said he spent the offseason away from football.  Alone and binging you tube and netflix.    That doesn't sound anything like the QBs that have turned into great NFL QBs.   

I hope for the best.  But if Bryce repeats last season?  They 100% should move on.  You want to force us into a year 3 just because or fire Canales because Bryce isn't a NFL QB?    

Now you are being negative and some folks are going to question your personal life

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

well, then we will continue to be a poorly run and dysfunctional org IMO.  I think it's poorly run org.....that you would tie someone's hands and careers to the mistakes and decisions of people you fired before them.  You hired them to come in and create something that works.  That generally would means, throwing in the garbage many things the last group did.  

I mean, Bryce simply put could be a good college quarterback that the folks that just got fired incorrectly picked.   Everyone good in college isn't going to be a good NFL player.  And it's also why decent college players often can become great NFL players.  HCs don't determine all that.  Sometimes they do.  Sure. 

If BY regresses this season, I think there's a VERY good chance they begin looking for his replacement in 2025. If he maintains, they'll likely try backups more during the season just to see what they have at other positions.

I doubt either happens though. BY will be fine and show a lot of improvement next season. Now 2025 is the year he needs to break out. If this offense isn't drastically improved in 2025, then he could become a trading chip as they look for his replacement in earnest. 

Saying Mingo and Leggette are the same player because of 40 times and combine is laughable.  Legette is much stronger with the ball in his hands and will go up and get a 50/50 ball with aggression.  I don't care anything about his 40 time.  When he is on the field with the ball in his hands he is plenty fast.  I can see him being used very similar to Deebo.  Not sure he has the tackle breaking strength Deebo has, but if used properly I think he is going to be a problem for other teams.