• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WR Corp drastically improved or not?

Jmac

1 minute ago, rodeo said:

We need an actual pass catching RB but other than that yes, the offense should be miles better.

I still don't get why such a heavy % of the board isn't on board w/ the pass catching RB need.  And how a pass catching RB is much different than just throwing to a RB that isn't one. 

• Pie 1

How many seasons have the Panthers had a 4,000 yard passer? 

Throughout our history,  our receiving core has under performed.  

I'm certainly not ready to crown this receiving room anything other than talent wise, we are better than last year. 

We shall see. 

24 minutes ago, rodeo said:

We need an actual pass catching RB but other than that yes, the offense should be miles better.

How can the offense be "miles better" when we already have "Miles Sanders" on our roster. 😆

It's definitely improved. They aren't going to be the best unit in the league, but they are leaps and bounds more talented than they were last year. Dionte and Thielen should hit the ground running, Mingo should be improved, and XL is a big play threat that just needs time to get adjusted.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this bunch. 

1 hour ago, shaq said:

You used an incredibly broad statistic, I explained why your statistic comparison was invalid. And proceeded to use a more specific example for my argument and explain its use case, I can go all day man. You clearly don’t know much about football and especially the NFL Draft. Just keep hating and making invalid arguments it’s funny to watch.

Shenault was great at adjusting to badly thrown deep balls in college my friend.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I still don't get why such a heavy % of the board isn't on board w/ the pass catching RB need.  And how a pass catching RB is much different than just throwing to a RB that isn't one. 

I really like Laube if youre looking for strictly pass catching rb and blocker and for chubba to take the carries.  Hes not my #1 back or anything but he will be available in the 5th and is really good at what we need and showed it off in the senior bowl as well.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Navy_football said:

Honestly, the oline upgrades are the biggest improvements to the WR corps. How many times was the QB hit at release and/or didn't have time to throw when he saw guys open? Inside pressure is kryptonite to every QB in the pocket. 

Very, very rarely.