• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Trevin Wallace LB - Pick 72, Round 3

50 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I think this is right. I was thinking a lot of Will Witherspoon.

I miss Will Witherspoon. Dude was great and I thought that when we chose to keep Morgan over Witherspoon back in the day, we'd chosen incorrectly. I used to be friends with one of his former teammates on the Rams and he said Spoon was just an all-around great guy and had a brilliant mind.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, CPcavedweller said:

A 4.5 laser timed 40 in an era where you have to cover? You don’t like that? He will probably play a Chinn type role. 

Well chinn absolutely sucked after his first year and is now off the team. If that is what we are going for then this team is in a constant rotation of diarrhea.  

36 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I miss Will Witherspoon. Dude was great and I thought that when we chose to keep Morgan over Witherspoon back in the day, we'd chosen incorrectly. I used to be friends with one of his former teammates on the Rams and he said Spoon was just an all-around great guy and had a brilliant mind.

Spoon had incredible Dlineman to allow him to run free. Pep Rucker Jenkins will do that.  

• Pie 2

More I see of this guy the more I like him. He can ST right away, and moves great for a pretty big guy. 

We got the staff, we got Morgan, we got Luke getting a little interested, and we got a good vet for him to understudy. Shaq will treat him right. 

I really like Legette.

I understand the RB he has the size and build, and he does appear to have great hands. L:et’s hope he likes blitz pickups.

I really like the 2nd in 2025. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

The one thing I will give them credit for is they are drafting what I'm assuming is BPA on their board. LB is not an immediate need. Last few years we've only drafted for immediate needs and look where that has landed us 

• Pie 1

Just now, SOJA said:

The one thing I will give them credit for is they are drafting what I'm assuming is BPA on their board. LB is not an immediate need. Last few years we've only drafted for immediate needs and look where that has landed us 

Linebacker is our weakest position group by far

2 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

Everybody says “I just want them to draft BPA” until they don’t draft whatever player some mock draft says is BPA. One thing that is clear to me is that they are drafting BPA according to their own board, rankings, and evaluations, because RB and LB were certainly not the biggest needs. Most people here, myself included, just have draft crushes on some specific players based on extremely limited information. The teams have 10x the information we do and are looking at 10x the amount of players. That’s not to say they always get it right, it’s more to say the average fan getting it right is more akin to a dead clock being right 2x per day. And you really have no idea, if you were talking to Payton Wilson’s doctors and examining his medicals just like the team is, or sitting through the interviews, or getting direct information from a team of scouts, you may find yourself agreeing with the team more than you think.

Very important point.

At the end of the day, this is their work and they're in charge of bringing the right guys in after interviews.  From a fans lens, we look at the field play and interviews here and there and just hope for the best guy from the outside looking in.  But it is absolutely critical they get guys that mesh best with their approach, culture, locker room.  They're building a workplace. 

They have their board with their blocks and they're drafting based off that.  We'll see if they got some guys that stick this year.  

• Pie 1

I'm not going to post as if I know anything about this guy. What I can say from watching the videos this guy is a sure tackling LB. Some of his tackles are violent and about as sure as you can get that the offensive player is going down. 

The videos seem to portrait a DAWG. I believe Dan sees something special in him and look forward to see how he does his rookie campaign. 

I have read he's pretty good covering TE and RBs out of the backfield. Sounds like a perfect 3rd down player and once he's coached up to correct his flaws he'll Crack the lineup. 

26 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Linebacker is our weakest position group by far

I'd argue that edge, CB, TE and NT are more immediate needs but I do understand the argument, we do not have any depth behind Shaq and Josey outlaw 

26 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Wilson doesn’t have an ACL in one of his knees. I’m honestly surprised he was drafted. 

He reminds me of Miles Jack. He will play for a few years but he does not have a long career ahead of him. It's a shame because he's a damn good player