• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What do you grade this draft?

Huddle Draft Grade  

129 members have voted

1. 1. What is your draft grade?

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

We need guys to play due to the roster we have. It's not good, that is for sure. I don't like project guys in the top 3 rounds. Never have and never will.

I am not assuming, I just don't believe he is a guy that ia going to be ready to contribute outside of maybe special teams. That's not a third round value, IMO. As I said earlier, high ceiling, incredibly low floor. 

Wallace is a tackling machine. He has a lot of the same qualities as Morgan had to be honest. His biggest knock seems to be his ability to read and identify. If your expectation is that in year one he comes in and is that Luke style MLB that is the QB of the defense, then not he needs to develop to become that. 

However, if you pair him with Shaq and have Shaq call and lead the defense and ask him to go make the tackle, he will deliver.  

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

We need guys to play due to the roster we have. It's not good, that is for sure. I don't like project guys in the top 3 rounds. Never have and never will.

I am not assuming, I just don't believe he is a guy that ia going to be ready to contribute outside of maybe special teams. That's not a third round value, IMO. As I said earlier, high ceiling, incredibly low floor. 

in the 3rd round you’re almost universally getting high floor low ceiling or high ceiling floor types. I wouldn’t have minded a low impact position where one of the top guys was still on the board, but some would argue that’s exactly what off ball LB is and to that end it seems like a lot of the evaluations sites had him a top 3 or 4 off ball guy in this class

i mean it’s not the e most enthralled I’ve ever been with a pick but I’ll wait and see where it goes before lambasting it

Agree with @Growl

Most of you bang your heads over these picks and some might be head scratchers but building a culture with players that fit Morgan and Canales should be top priority.  Many of our latter round picks should tell you something.  Words like Baller, Ultra-competitive, beast, high motor all fit these guys.

Hopefully, in a couple of years when this draft class is truly analysied we see these guys get drafted higher than where we got them.

I know the career GMs in here won't understand. 

• Pie 2

25 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I have to constantly remind myself that I'm just an observer and have nothing to do with the success of the team. It gets extremely difficult sometimes. 

It's not easy. But I have a choice and I have to decide whether or not it's worth it. I have to say it is.

I don't stress over things i have no control over. I don't worry about them. Life has enough things to stress over. I want to have fun being a fan and I want to find things about it to make me feel good about it, so I do.

If it's not fun, then why bother with it? There's got to be other stuff in life to get sucked into that brings more fun and enjoyment that that.

Just my way of coping.

• Pie 2

Just now, rayzor said:

It's not easy. But I have a choice and I have to decide whether or not it's worth it. I have to say it is.

I don't stress over things i have no control over. I don't worry about them. Life has enough things to stress over. I want to have fun being a fan and I want to find things about it to make me feel good about it, so I do.

If it's not fun, then why bother with it? There's got to be other stuff in life to get sucked into that brings more fun and enjoyment that that.

Just my way of coping.

Oh I'm the same way. My only hope with this team is to just see something different and positive. Day to day life has enough stress to deal with and I'm not adding more over something I have no control over. 

• Pie 1

My perception/opinion of the draft based on a few categories.  Solid draft in my opinion. 

Addressing need with perceived roster upgrade:  A

Got WR the team desperately needed, a solid pass catching RB and upgraded TE and LB positions with what could be contributors. 

Value of players drafted: B-

My non-expert ignorant opinion on Legette is he was a bit of a reach.  Full disclosure though, I thought Adonai Mitchell and Jackson Powers Johnson were solid first rounders and a lot of GM's and scouts disagreed.    Brooks being hurt is a question mark/flag for me. 

Draft savvy:  A+

Moving up to first for the 5th year option was a smart move with little to no downside.  After that Morgan basically stole a 2nd round pick next year and still got his guy in the process.  Also seems to have kept consistency with that "dawg" mentality the FO has been pushing.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, jfra78 said:

Unlike others I feel the 5th year option is important because it gives you another year before having to address the contract.  

I think that matters if the player works out. If he doesn't it then trading up for that reason looks very stupid 

I am much more comfortable with the decision to move up because they wanted to scoop a team looking for their player. That is logical.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I think that matters if the player works out. If he doesn't it then trading up for that reason looks very stupid 

I am much more comfortable with the decision to move up because they wanted to scoop a team looking for their player. That is logical.

To me the option is a win win because you get an extra year if needed and if not you can cut bait just as easy

• Beer 1

B. Our offense was terrible and our young qb needed lots of help everywhere so we got 3 should be starters and they all have potential to be big time players. Thought we could have done better on defense but we did get 5th and 6th rounders that could become solid contributors so that’s nice. Def feels like we drafted a bunch of guys that fit what our coach and gm want.

1 hour ago, Growl said:

in the 3rd round you’re almost universally getting high floor low ceiling or high ceiling floor types. I wouldn’t have minded a low impact position where one of the top guys was still on the board, but some would argue that’s exactly what off ball LB is and to that end it seems like a lot of the evaluations sites had him a top 3 or 4 off ball guy in this class

i mean it’s not the e most enthralled I’ve ever been with a pick but I’ll wait and see where it goes before lambasting it

I disagree somewhat. The third rounders are typically guys you expect to end up in your two deep. I would agree that more gambling does happen in that round. 

I just thought there were better players at his position available and better prospects at other positions available at the time of the pick. 

He would not have been my pick in the 3rd round.

3 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

To me the option is a win win because you get an extra year if needed and if not you can cut bait just as easy

But that isn’t worth a pick being trade for one spot. 

Like I said, the move up because someone was going to snag your guy, I get that.

Had it been just solely for the 5th year, that's illogical to me.

Glad to see it wasn't the latter.

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

Just my way of coping.

I am apathetic enough that I don't really have any emotions about watching games at this point. I don't get excited about wins and I don't care much about losses.

I don't actually get any fun out of Panthers football. I just watch because I am used to doing it. Eventually if that wears thin, I will just not watch at all. Plenty of other good NFL football I can watch.

Hope it doesn't come to that but I don't see really any chance of this franchise turning it around under Tepper. I guess I will see how 10+ years of this feels and just go from there. 

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

But that isn’t worth a pick being trade for one spot. 

Like I said, the move up because someone was going to snag your guy, I get that.

Had it been just solely for the 5th year, that's illogical to me.

Glad to see it wasn't the latter.

I guess we just see it differently, that's cool

• Beer 1