• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Exactly Is Your Criteria for Bryce in 2024 to Have Faith In Him Moving Forward 2025+ ??

How will Bryce do next year?   

175 members have voted

1. 1. How Will Bryce Do in 2024??

• He will explode for 4000+ 30+ TDs and lead us to playoffs
    • He'll make a reasonable improvement ~ 24 TD 3000 yards and well be competing for division
    • He'll make a marginal improvement ~ 19 TD 12TD and we'll have a 4-8 ish wins
    • He'll stay around the same 1/1 TD ratio and we are competing for a top 10 pick again
    • He'll be worse, very negative TD INT ratio and well be drafting/acquiring his replacement in the next offseason

I'm watching Total Access on nfl network and they were discussing Caleb Williams and the Bears. They mentioned that the Bears hired Thomas Brown as their passing game coordinator from the Panthers. They said he could teach them what NOT to do with a rookie QB. I found that an interesting comment. 

44 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

I don't expect Bryce Young to set the N.F.L. on fire this season but any improvement would be welcome at this point in his career.

I think there needs to be dramatic improvement but agree. If you can’t come out of the season with a case that he belongs you need to start looking elsewhere. Not writing him off by any means but there are serious doubts that are bluntly expressed on this board and can’t imagine those are just confined to fans.  

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Montsta said:

I suspect that for the second year in a row, he will have a worse statistical season than every other rookie, which is a remarkable achievement. 

If that in fact happens, do you think they will shoe horn Young into a 3rd season or draft another guy?

Edited by mrcompletely11

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If that in facts happen, do you think they will shoe horn Young into a 3rd season and draft another guy?

Honestly not with a new coach. New coach often means new QB. When you are a new coach with an abysmal year two QB I think you go in another direction. That being said, I HOPE that BY takes major strides and becomes a decent NFL player. My concern is I don’t think he will ever be a star. I think his ceiling is Jake Delhomme. Maybe that’s enough to will is to a SB like Jake did, but I’m not betting on it, and I’m a degenerate gambler. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 5/14/2024 at 9:46 AM, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I think there needs to be dramatic improvement but agree. If you can’t come out of the season with a case that he belongs you need to start looking elsewhere. Not writing him off by any means but there are serious doubts that are bluntly expressed on this board and can’t imagine those are just confined to fans.  

He was the number 1 over all pick that we traded a ton to get.  Marginal for this level of trade wont cut it.  He either shows why he was the pick or move on.  You dont trade what we did for Kirk Cousins or a Carr caliber player.  

On 5/14/2024 at 8:23 AM, Jon Snow said:

I'm watching Total Access on nfl network and they were discussing Caleb Williams and the Bears. They mentioned that the Bears hired Thomas Brown as their passing game coordinator from the Panthers. They said he could teach them what NOT to do with a rookie QB. I found that an interesting comment. 

Fitt taught Morgan what not to do as a GM.  

On 5/14/2024 at 8:57 AM, KatsAzz said:

I don't expect Bryce Young to set the N.F.L. on fire this season but any improvement would be welcome at this point in his career.

I mean he has literally nowhere to go but up even if its small. You cant be any worse than last year.

On 5/14/2024 at 10:32 AM, Montsta said:

Honestly not with a new coach. New coach often means new QB. When you are a new coach with an abysmal year two QB I think you go in another direction. That being said, I HOPE that BY takes major strides and becomes a decent NFL player. My concern is I don’t think he will ever be a star. I think his ceiling is Jake Delhomme. Maybe that’s enough to will is to a SB like Jake did, but I’m not betting on it, and I’m a degenerate gambler. 

I am a little afraid his ceiling might be Mac Jones.