• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Panthers signing Rashad Penny

1 minute ago, Call Me James said:

Looks like the coach is doing a favor

True, but he could actually stick. I can see us keeping four on the 53 man roster and yes, I think he's better than Blackshear, Brown Boone and even Cohen.

• Beer 1

theres no doubt, carolina is getting back to running the ball and beating up the other team.  And with the new tackling rule changes, hard to bring down runningbacks will have an advantage.  If bryce can stay upright and not make mistakes, carolina will not be last in the NFCS this year.

• Pie 6

1 minute ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Sanders and his massive contract has zero trade value 

I think we trade chubba while he still has value. hes gonna walk next year.  carolina isnt going to give him big $$

• Beer 2

Posted (edited)

Why?

has there been a more injured RB in the league over the last 6 years?

he’s played 45 games in 6 years, he’s a fine player when on the field, but I just don’t see the point in signing a player who we’ll be lucky to get 6 games out of.

Edited by tukafan21

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, chknwing said:

I think we trade chubba while he still has value. hes gonna walk next year.  carolina isnt going to give him big $$

^This.  Chuba is a solid #2, mediocre #1.  We won't--SHOULD NOT--open up the vault for him.  The RB position is low value now.  He's going to go to the highest bidder next free agency and it better not be us.

Edited by 45catfan

39 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I don’t think he is better then sanders

The only reason---which is a significant reason---that Penny is not miles (no pun intended) ahead of Sanders is due to health. Availability is the best ability in this case. When Penny is able to play, he has been the better back. His career averages in both running and receiving are markedly better, and Miles has arguably been playing behind a better line.

• Pie 2

Just now, NAS said:

is this a Canales guy from his days in Seattle?

Yes, Canales and Morgan.  Stud coming out of college, but has been banged up since being in the League.  If, BIG IF, he can stay healthy, this dude could be a strong  acquisition.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, TD alt said:

The only reason---which is a significant reason---that Penny is not miles (no pun intended) ahead of Sanders is due to health. Availability is the best ability in this case. When Penny is able to play, he has been the better back. His career averages in both running and receiving are markedly better, and Miles has arguably been playing behind a better line.

Availability is the best ability as long as you’re at least replacement level.  Sanders didn’t meet that bar last year.