• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Brit breaks down Bryce Young vs Jacksonville

6 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He had a clean pocket, open receivers and still panicked, I honestly believe he cannot see the entire field......and that hopping motion is brutal.

All in all the brit did a good job imo, not biased and seemed to know his stuff.  Its concerning overall that he kept mentioning Youngs velocity on some throws.  Some he said were "fine" others were not so much

Unnecessary Bluntness had a video prior to the draft where they interviewed a college scout. The scout mentioned vs Georgia Bryce told his OC to move him out of the pocked because he couldn't see the field. At the time Georgia had 1st rounders Devonte Wyatt and Jordan Davis at DT putting pressure up the middle. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

10 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Unnecessary Bluntness had a video prior to the draft where they interviewed a college scout. The scout mentioned vs Georgia Bryce told his OC to move him out of the pocked because he couldn't see the field. At the time Georgia had 1st rounders Devonte Wyatt and Jordan Davis at DT putting pressure up the middle. 

Ohh wee mayne.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

22 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Everyday it becomes more painfully clearly the Panthers got bamboozled.

• Beer 1

39 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF by MOODMAN - Find & Share on GIPHY

7 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

That was the one I saw where he looked terrified and ran through his read. Zero confidence or Rhythm back there.

Without a doubt one of his worst games.  He got pressured early and remained off all game.  He got happy feet and could never really settle back down.  

57 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

237334132_SurprisedDave.png.f0c339982ef8f3a2640595c55943f0c5.png

• Beer 1
  • The D 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

This would also explain why we signed G's Robert Hunt and Damien Lewis and moved Corbett to C

4 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

This would also explain why we signed G's Robert Hunt and Damien Lewis and moved Corbett to C

the collective OL/DL in general is a problem.  Hunt is freaking 6'6.  Maybe he holds up better in pass pro but a problem like the one suggested against UGA is just about everyone around him being bigger and messing up the line of sight.  

New Rookie Pictures Reveal How Much Smaller Bryce Young Is

• Beer 1

30 minutes ago, CRA said:

the collective OL/DL in general is a problem.  Hunt is freaking 6'6.  Maybe he holds up better in pass pro but a problem like the one suggested against UGA is just about everyone around him being bigger and messing up the line of sight.  

New Rookie Pictures Reveal How Much Smaller Bryce Young Is

It keeps the big DTs out of his space.  I believe that's what he is implying.  Georgia's talented DTs were able to get in the pocket limiting his view.  That's why he wanted to roll out.  If you are going on size of the OL vs QB then Tua at 6' even isn't seeing over Robert Hunt last year.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

It keeps the big DTs out of his space.  I believe that's what he is implying.  Georgia's talented DTs were able to get in the pocket limiting his view.  That's why he wanted to roll out.  If you are going on size of the OL vs QB then Tua at 6' even isn't seeing over Robert Hunt last year.

Exactly. Bryce has to drop back further than most QB in order for him to see the field properly. 

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, CRA said:

yep.  I mean look at Spencer Rattler.  There was a time he was projected to be the #1 overall pick or top QB taken.  Next thing you know, he is playing for the Gamecocks.  No one knew about Cam Newton.  Next thing you know, he is the #1 overall pick.  Lot can happen with whatever the class next year is going to be. 

I see what you're saying, but to use this board's favorite word, I think it's a large dose of hopium/copium to place our fortunes on a hot hand that emerges from the shadows all of a sudden. There's way more Zach Wilsons than Joe Burrows. I understand sometimes players get buried on a bench at some schools, but ideally they would assert themselves accordingly in camp to be the starter.

I would need to see at least two years of increasingly better play with more big plays and fewer stupid plays against top competition on bigger stages to start to feel more comfort.

It’s probably been said 1000 times but I’ll say it again; you really can’t grade Bryce based on last years clown show. We now have a much better o-line, much better receivers and hopefully much better coaching. Let’s see what Bryce can do THIS year and then grade him.