• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does anyone actually think Bryce will actually be good?

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

The people at the top of chiefs. bills, and 49ers the owners, coaches, GM are just light years better than panthers. Purdy was a life saver for 49ers, otherwise lynch and shanny would have been fired. I seen a recent report that after a few practices shanny told York purdy was the best QB on the roster. Better than jimmyg, lance, darnold. 

I hope Morgan and canalas show they close the gap, at least tepper spends plenty.......

If only we'd invest in some actual talent at the qb3 spot instead of a guy Louisville fans couldn't say goodbye to fast enough. We could have gotten a better guy in FA, this dude didn't even get ranked on most top 30-40 qb prospects for just this draft class

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Basbear said:

The people at the top of chiefs. bills, and 49ers the owners, coaches, GM are just light years better than panthers. Purdy was a life saver for 49ers, otherwise lynch and shanny would have been fired. I seen a recent report that after a few practices shanny told York purdy was the best QB on the roster. Better than jimmyg, lance, darnold. 

I hope Morgan and canalas show they close the gap, at least tepper spends plenty.......

The Niners owner had issues until he landed Shanny. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

If only we'd invest in some actual talent at the qb3 spot instead of a guy Louisville fans couldn't say goodbye to fast enough. We could have gotten a better guy in FA, this dude didn't even get ranked on most top 30-40 qb prospects for just this draft class

Canalas came out a while back and said he wanted a vet type QB3, odd with Dalton. All reports Dalton's has been a great mentor for young. 

I agree with you, In the 5th I wanted them to toss a pick on a QB and had eyes on Jordan Travis. Even at that point the hater rattler would have been welcomed in my eyes. I liked what the pats did after drafting maye, Milton has some talent. Purdy was drafted a long with lance. Cousins was drafted with rg3. 

Panthers already had delhome, I doubt that happens again for some time. They shouldn't be scare to add legit competition for young, this is the NFL. 

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The Niners owner had issues until he landed Shanny. 

Yes they were in the Panthers shoes, but the deal is they had talented players on the roster. 

49ers hired the same firm that Panthers used, they gave lynch a 6 year deal and he never been GM or scout. I believe he was doing color commentator games. They gave chip Kelly one year and before Jim " I only eat meatball subs" Tomsula one year, huge mess. Shanny is one of the best young minds in the NFL and he did save the 49ers. That's want panthers need a savior.....

It is hope for the Panthers, just need talented players and NOT to trade them away or over pay them....

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

They shouldn't be scare to add legit competition for young, this is the NFL. 

It actually might light a little fire under his ass. He's still coming off way too laid back for my tastes. 

• Beer 2

33 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

It actually might light a little fire under his ass. He's still coming off way too laid back for my tastes. 

I feel like anyone within the Panthers fanbase no matter where they land on Bryce should agree on this. He's a good kid. He's intelligent. But ultimately is he going to ever be the guy to command a locker room? Obviously none of us can say. But I just don't get any alpha vibes from him whatsoever. Is that a dealbreaker? Not necessarily. Here's the thing though. We had the talk of his generational years ahead of his age leadership trait clubbed over our heads for weeks nonstop before the draft. But after seeing someone like Sam Darnold navigate life as a starting QB I think anyone here should be able to acknowledge homerism there are some similarities to Darnold in terms of personality. That is not what we were sold.

All of this takes me back to before the draft. I just can't shake the sense that Stroud just rubbed Tepper or someone the wrong way. Was he too confident? Not subservient enough? Did they feel Bryce was more marketable and media savvy? My gut says these things weighed more into the pick than they should have. If not. Stroud more than likely would have been the selection.

What's done is done though.

I'm just like you though. I want to see some fire from Bryce at some point this season. But I'm expecting to be disappointed considering his first order of business following one of the worst rookie seasons ever was to detach completely and do nothing.

As always. Hoping for the best.

I feel like I have to put a disclaimer at the end of this post for the Bryce superfans. I want to see him do well. I don't want this to end in the worst case scenario. There now we can be friends!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

I was a CJ stroud guy predraft so I admit I am biased

But I don't think we can evaluate him fully yet after last year. It was just a giant clusterfug from ownership, to the GM, to coaching to personnel both offensive line and WR/TE

That being said I feel like Bryce has a very narrow band in which he can become a top 10 NFL QB. It's not impossible, but things have to be pretty much perfect around him. I say this because he is never going to be a QB that can elude or escape NFL pass rushers outside of maybe once a game AND his arm strength is average to below average. 

36 minutes ago, pantherdad said:

I feel like having a dominant run game is going to help Bryce out tremendously, then he will be able to make his throws. I feel he will take some steps forward this season 

I mean, Chubba Hubbard and a rookie off a ACL? Going against defenses that have no fear of the deep ball?  Paired with Canales who had the worst rush attack in the NFL last year? 

not sure we have high odds of being a dominant rush attack.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, Chubba Hubbard and a rookie off a ACL? Going against defenses that have no fear of the deep ball?  Paired with Canales who had the worst rush attack in the NFL last year? 

not sure we have high odds of being dominant rush attack.  

And a new offensive line with -Austin Corbett- at C? Running some kind of zone I believe 

• Flames 1