• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For Those Who Think Brooks is too Small to be a 3 Down Back...

1 hour ago, NAS said:

I loved jStew but let’s not forget he was almost always held out from practice  due to some nagging injuries 

he came into the league hurt.   he played probably the majority of this career banged up.  

Catching ability is the only thing that limits any NFL RB from being an every down back.  This is a strength of Brooks or at least it was in college.  He'll be an every down back for sure.  

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, jtm said:

Catching ability is the only thing that limits any NFL RB from being an every down back.  This is a strength of Brooks or at least it was in college.  He'll be an every down back for sure.  

I’d add pass pro to that.  Hard to really keep a RB on the field consistently on 3rd down that can’t be relied on in pass pro

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Posted (edited)

Did not want him (that high). Taking him meant trading back up for the tackle who I forget his name, but I just wanted a tackle.

He had foot issues, 1st round, I was like... why? 

He earned the return on that investment. Great player for us. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 2

His size isn’t really the issue it’s the running style. He breaks some arm tackles and makes guys miss but he’s not a push the pile short yardage guy. 

25 minutes ago, strato said:

Did not want him (that high). Taking him meant trading back up for the tackle who I forget his name, but I just wanted a tackle.

He had foot issues, 1st round, I was like... why? 

He earned the return on that investment. Great player for us. 

Granted his situation was unique with dwill as well as his injuries but its nuts to think he only had 1 1000 yard season.

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Granted his situation was unique with dwill as well as his injuries but its nuts to think he only had 1 1000 yard season.

Then got paired with Cam and that read zone once Dwill was gone. Got to think he would have logged 3 straight thousand yard seasons in that window but Cam was going to get his in that O