• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What new play would you like to see this year?

Snake

I want to see Edwards line up in the wildcat with Smith as one wide and Moore at the other with Barnidge at TE. Stewart is at halfback and Fiametta at FB.

Edwards takes the snap gives to Stewart who goes toward the line and throws back to Edwards who hits Smith on a deep route for a TD. If he is covered hit Barnidge up the seam with no one in sight.

Smith and Lafell wide, Stewart in the backfield, Williams under center, Edwards in the slot. Williams takes the snap, end around to Edwards, toss to open reciever, hoping linebackers bite down on a fake rush from Stew. Either Smith or Lafell would be able to overpower a secondary guy or two and turn that into a huge gain.

I'd like to see stewart in the open more, put him one on one with a LB or SFTY and he's good for 5 yards easy. His glorious tackle breakiing runs come when he has a big hole with a a full head of steam, so give him a chance to build some up. They can't afford to pay too much attention to him.

Flexbone formation with Edwards under center, Fiametta at fullback, and Stewart and Williams lined up as wing backs. A couple of triple-options, power options, option passes, etc.

Also the Power-I formation with Moore under center, Fiametta at fullback, J-Stew behind Fiametta and DeAngelo behind J-Stew.

Tom Osborne's Huskers and the Army teams of the '40s would have nothing on us...

Archived