• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"CBA has no chance..."

firstdayfan

Answer: you fire them, find new employees, go through the growing pains of training them, but come back on track, because, you, the owner have been through this time and again the only constant in the equation is you. Not everyone can run a 4.4 40, but not everyone can run a multi-million dollar business.

JR is a stubborn, bullheaded businessman? And the other 31 owners aren't? They vote on these things; if JR was the one holding up progress they'd just out-vote him and accept the CBA anyway. It's the owners as a group, trust me. JR may be one of the more well-known hardline owners, but he's far from the only one.

the thing is, most owners that are heard from are trying to get this thing finished up quickly and/or feel positive about the way things are going. only things we have heard form richardson is that the players are far apart from what the owners want and are trying to get paid more for working less, when that is just his way of spinning what the owners have done/are trying to do to the players.

Players "just wanna play" and owners "just want a deal to get done". But as Mr. Scot said in another thread, someone has to be the asshole, and unfortunately for us as Panther fans, that somebody is JR.

It's easy for everybody to want it done quickly, but it's easier said than done when both sides are miles apart and both still think they aren't the ones being unreasonable.

Seems to me that everytime a resolution to one problem is in sight, two more pop up in it's place.

For instance when they both wanted a rookie cap it seemed like ok this one is a no-brainer that should be hammered out in a couple hours. Pay rookies less, pay proven veterans more. Simple right? Nope, now the player's association is worried that the guaranteed monies to say a seven year veteran will make him less attractive to teams because of the age/high price tag combination. And that's a microcosm of how these negotiations are going in my opinion. When you give someone what they ask for and they still look at it as a negative, it makes a common middle ground an impossible place to find.

"Am I the only one that thinks ESPN's sources are all NFLPA people?"

It's almost a given. How many owners do you see doing interviews? How often does Schefter or Mort or Clayton or anyone else quote an owner at any point during the season about anything?

"JR may be leading the charge, but I'd be willing to bet all the owners are completely behind him when it comes to rejecting the 50/50 proposal the NFLPA made."

"Question for all you business owners out there: what would you do if your employees wanted 1/2 of your revenues?"

The question is not whether it's 50/50 or 1/2; the question is 50/50 or 1/2 of which revenues? It's like asking if you want 50% of my paycheck before or after taxes? Before or after all the necessary health care deductions, 401k deductions, etc.

In a manner of speaking for example, the players right now get almost 61% of after-taxes revenue and the supposed offer they made was to ask for 50% of the before-taxes revenue.

The owners and the NFLPA are equally being stubborn. They are playing a game of cat and mouse. The only problem is that the owner's aren't being dumb in this Tom and Jerry saga. The owners have saved up money and are ready for this. The players get their paychecks from the owners..guess what? no football...no paycheck. No endorsements for playing...no paycheck. The owners will find a way to make money. The players? Probably be an abundance of physical educations teachers.

Archived