• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darin Gantt no longer covering Panthers

BountyHunter

Winthrop University is equally as important as the Panthers? LOL

To a Charlotte newspaper? Probably not.

To a Rock Hill paper though?

It's not really so much a matter of importance as it is just numbers. They need a Winthrop reporter and McClatchy doesn't have the budget to hire someone new. That means reallocating an existing reporter. Panthers coverage has an extra guy and Gantt's officially a Herald employee only on loan to the Observer, soooo... :(

It just sucks. I know I sound like a broken record but this is a guy that would take time to screw around with the fans. There are some other guys like that to but he was very accessible and I always appreciated that.

Plus his twitter was a must follow if you were a Panther fan.

• 1 month later...

I don't know how I missed this news, because I follow Darin Gantt religiously. I was on vacation the week that he made the annoucement, so I guess I just missed the references to it after that point...especially since he keeps talking about the Panthes on twitter.

I am extremely disappointed by this. I hated the idea of twitter, but I signed up for it solely to follow his Panthers updates. Prior to that, I checked his blog at least 3-4 times a day for any update that may have happened. In addition, over the years I read nearly every article he wrote.

Right now, this story will not affect things that much...but when football actually starts back up, this will be a huge deal. Gantt always had the news before anyone else...always.

Archived