• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should we blame Richardson and not Hurney?

Snake

The "fire Hurney" issue is hardly new.

The fact that it has intensified recently is a result of yet another season wasted.

Hurney is the ultimate decision maker within the organizaton that doesn't have the last name of Richardson.

He has had 12 years to demonstrate his abilities and provide a viable product for public consumption and he has failed miserably.

Time for a change.

It's mostly Hurney. Colin makes sense, but are we supposed to believe that Richardson had a direct hand in drafting past the first round ever except for possibly Armanti? If you asked him today who Jeff Byers is, do you think he would have any clue?

I think JR has more of a say in football operations than we think he does because he's not the Jerry Jones type that just comes out and says "I run poo bitch". I don't think he's iron fisted over the organization but I also believe he has a higher than average level of influence.

It's mostly Hurney. Colin makes sense, but are we supposed to believe that Richardson had a direct hand in drafting past the first round ever except for possibly Armanti? If you asked him today who Jeff Byers is, do you think he would have any clue?

Probably, but Byers was drafted by the Broncos.

I'm not a Hurney fan and I have dedicated my share of posts to him that are full of vitriol. This however is not on him. This season and last he has filled positions fo need fairly well and drafted above average. This lackluster season hangs on the coaching staff and the players. You can regurgitate a "why draft Armanti" or "otah was a reach" thread all you want but nobody on this board that has any sense is buying it.

And really, we have so many noob/camfirst/localyokel fanzz in here that are already clueless enough. Stop confusing them with this garbage.

I'm not a Hurney fan and I have dedicated my share of posts to him that are full of vitriol. This however is not on him. This season and last he has filled positions fo need fairly well and drafted above average. This lackluster season hangs on the coaching staff and the players. You can regurgitate a "why draft Armanti" or "otah was a reach" thread all you want but nobody on this board that has any sense is buying it.

And really, we have so many noob/camfirst/localyokel fanzz in here that are already clueless enough. Stop confusing them with this garbage.

Who hired the coaches

and haha there's no way you can say he "filled positions of need fairly well". Dwan Edwards, Haruki Nakamura, and Josh Norman aren't what I would consider big upgrades.

The writer of the article provides no meaningful proof of JRs involvement, just speculation. Hurney's public statements should be taken at face value until there is evidence to the contrary.

Either Hurney lacks the skill to develop a consistently competitive organization or he doesn't have the fortitude to tell JR to stop interfering. Regardless, he is failing miserably at his job and his 12 year track record suggests this organization stands no realistic chance of being successful until he is gone.

Archived