• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bill Polian on Who Has a High Ceiling. RG3 or Cam

Why does everyone care so much about what others say about Cam. Cam set records last year on a team that had the worst offense in the NFL the year before. Give me a shout when RG3 or Luck comes close to Cam's record. RG3 isn't being asked to do much, whereas Cam is asked to carry this team on his back. I get so sick of the comparisons.

Not sure who has the higher ceiling and I am not an expert on evaluating who is injury prone like some of you but I can guarantee 90% of the people hating on RG3 have never seen him play a down of professional football. Guy is unbelievable and earning all the accolades he is receiving. .

Justin Tuck on RG3:

“He takes away from your enthusiasm for the game a little bit,’’

“I’m pretty mad at the football gods for putting him in the NFC East,’’

Osi Umenyiora on RG3:

“Let me tell you something, that guy’s flat-out unbelievable,’’ “The best quarterback we played this year, for sure. It’s unfortunate he’s a rookie because he’s gonna be around here forever doing stuff like that and that’s just crazy.’’

Not sure who has the higher ceiling and I am not an expert on evaluating who is injury prone like some of you but I can guarantee 90% of the people hating on RG3 have never seen him play a down of professional football. Guy is unbelievable and earning all the accolades he is receiving. .

Justin Tuck on RG3:

“He takes away from your enthusiasm for the game a little bit,’’

“I’m pretty mad at the football gods for putting him in the NFC East,’’

Osi Umenyiora on RG3:

“Let me tell you something, that guy’s flat-out unbelievable,’’ “The best quarterback we played this year, for sure. It’s unfortunate he’s a rookie because he’s gonna be around here forever doing stuff like that and that’s just crazy.’’

I don't disagree with that at all, RG3 is having a great season (although no one is pointing out his team's losing record like they always did with Cam)....I just don't get why his success so far is being used to deride Cam. He's getting a lot of the quotes from players similar to what we heard about Cam last year from other players...

BJ Raji on Cam: "I knew he would be good, but if I told you I knew he'd be this good this early, I'd be lying to you," "He doesn't get frustrated. We threw a lot of stuff at him today and he was able to sit back there and make some of the plays they needed."

Aaron Rodgers on Cam: ""I think someone said in the locker room that I'm kind of glad we played him early in the season, because when he figures it out fully, he's going to be even tougher to stop."

etc

Back on topic: Polian in his interview showed that he clearly doesn't watch our games, as he was commenting that we ran a college offense last year, but a pro-style offense this year and that Cam was struggling with that change.

A lot of people in the media called for Cam to fail right out of the gate of course their going to try to bring him down every chance they get. Although I'm not a The Golden Calf of Bristol fan you have to admit he's gotten a lot of unfair criticism in the same way. Once people say you will fail they will take anything they can and blow it up. Proof that this is a team game: Cam Newton has a higher passer rating than J Cutler but Cam is 1-5 and Cutler is 5-1. As for rg3 no doubt he's great I'm not taking that away from him at all but Alfred Morris has been a top ten back this year(I know he's on my fantasy team). They use the run to set up the play action and they use a lot of quick throws to get the ball out of rg3s hands. Again not taking anything away from him but I've seen numerous plays this year where he throws the ball 2-3 yards and the reviever runs 50 yards for a td

Exactly, they run a lot screen plays which turn into big yardage and gives RG3 a high completion percentage and Alford Morris has not been getting enough credit for carrying that run game. He is gonna hit 1,000 yards this year eventually. Most of his throws are quick and he is not really having to drop back and scan the field. He is still having a great year, but all these things will be shut down eventually if he doesnt improve as a pro style Qb.

Polian and Jerry had a nasty split when he was fired, this would be like divorcing your wife and then asking what she thought of your new 20 something hot as hell girlfriend. She's gonna say she a butt ugly skank.

So why would we care what polian says, he's gonna be skewed against us regardless

Archived