• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

6/6 OTAs via twitter

First of all I ain't a DUDE. Second of all there are many MANY UDFA that show their worth and make a team. I have heard more about White these OTAs than any other CB. Granted it is in shorts but everyone is in shorts so he still stood out.

And FINALLY, Seems you missed the part where I said, If he does well during preseason. He won't stay on the PS. With a premium on CBs keeping six CBs isn't such a bad idea. Especially if he can tackle because he can be on Special Teams.

Sorry Ma'm, lol. But seriously, i agree with in in that there is a good chance a few UDFA's could make the team. I hope its not a case of "one good batch" but a tribute to our GM with an eye for talent.

Honestly I think its the opposite. If he wants to make the team he needs to prove his worth at WR. Hixion and Ginn are very good return men but Ginn is not a great WR. Also at this point AE is a better kr guy than Adams. Needs to prove his worth in the passing game and surplant AE the workout warrior.

I've been saying this for a while now. With the return jobs pretty much locked down. The two final WR spots will come down to who shows the greatest ability as a "receiver". Not STs ability.

Honestly I think its the opposite. If he wants to make the team he needs to prove his worth at WR. Hixion and Ginn are very good return men but Ginn is not a great WR. Also at this point AE is a better kr guy than Adams. Needs to prove his worth in the passing game and surplant AE the workout warrior.

If Adams makes the team as a WR, that leaves Pilares or AE battling it out for the return job. I would prefer for Adams to win the return job, and worry about making it as a WR next year.

My thinking is, if Ginn Jr. makes the WR rotation, along with Hixon, they won't want to use them in the return game. Same with Pialres and AE, or even Gettis, they make the team as a WR, then by default Rivera would love to see Adams win the return job.

The main reason is Shula's statement about designing plays for his playmakers. Playmakers in that there are multiple players capable of making plays. If that is indeed the case, Rivera may choose to protect his WR and hope Adams win the return job.

But I also see, the best man for the job, wins. Why would you not want to put your best player at such a game changing position? Risk to reward says protect your playmakers, and Adams could make this happen if he could turn things around.

IMO, I think that Adams is pressing too hard. He knows what's on the line, and is trying too hard, and thinking too much. The ol' the harder you try, the worse you do, bit.

Or, Barner could win the return job, and Adams gets released. Ah, hellz, the only thing I know is, Rivera likes versatility. Adams at this point in time, appears to have less than anyone else fighting for those last few spots. And I hate that it looks like he is fighting an uphill battle.

I havent caught any jokes man I was teasin lol.

Real talk, youre a great poster. Not as popular as some with not as nearly as many posts or whatever, but a very fair and respectful poster. Plus you explain your opinions and leave out the narc sarcastic responses. Alot of respect for you man

Aw man, you're gonna make me blush. I try to remain civil. But I usually have no idea where I'm going once I start typing. I just let it flow. I find that thinking gets in the way of my thought process.

I will say, there are a bunch around here that use sarcasm well, and are funny in the process. Others, not so much.

I blame pie, and the interwebz. Both are hard at work destroying the fabric of communication, one thread at a time.

If Adams makes the team as a WR, that leaves Pilares or AE battling it out for the return job. I would prefer for Adams to win the return job, and worry about making it as a WR next year.

My thinking is, if Ginn Jr. makes the WR rotation, along with Hixon, they won't want to use them in the return game. Same with Pialres and AE, or even Gettis, they make the team as a WR, then by default Rivera would love to see Adams win the return job.

The main reason is Shula's statement about designing plays for his playmakers. Playmakers in that there are multiple players capable of making plays. If that is indeed the case, Rivera may choose to protect his WR and hope Adams win the return job.

But I also see, the best man for the job, wins. Why would you not want to put your best player at such a game changing position? Risk to reward says protect your playmakers, and Adams could make this happen if he could turn things around.

IMO, I think that Adams is pressing too hard. He knows what's on the line, and is trying too hard, and thinking too much. The ol' the harder you try, the worse you do, bit.

Or, Barner could win the return job, and Adams gets released. Ah, hellz, the only thing I know is, Rivera likes versatility. Adams at this point in time, appears to have less than anyone else fighting for those last few spots. And I hate that it looks like he is fighting an uphill battle.

Its hard for me too see Ginn on the bench when his true talent is the return game. He is one of the best in the league in that respect. I know you want Adams to succeed but its a lot less of a battle for WR than KR/PR. Adams would have to improve by leaps and bounds for that to happen and if he has good hands in the passing game he will make the team. Just not a very high bar there.

Signing two WRs who both have excellent return ability in Ginn and Hixon was a huge shot across Adams' bow.  I had high hopes for the guy and was excited as hell when we drafted him, but he really dropped the ball last year - literally.  He fell out of favor with the coaching staff and found himself in the doghouse for much of the year.  Now, that same coach is still here while the GM that drafted him is not.  At this point, I honestly think he has a significant uphill battle to make the roster.  I really thought we finally had that dynamic return man we had been missing, but it doesn't look that way.  Hopefully Ginn is that guy.

I have to feel that Ginn Jr. has one job this year. Earn playing time at WR. Concentrate on that one aspect. The only way he sees the field as a returner, is in emergency situations. Same with Hixon. Both are expected to make a splash in the passing game, nothing more.

The consensus 4 fighting for the last 2 spots.

Pilares is KR as of now.

AE is PR as of now.

Gettis has speed and experience. Is he healthy? No versatility.

Adams is ? as of now. With precious few opportunities left I would think.

By default, the winners are... wait for it... Pilares and AE. And there was great rejoicing.

The team really likes Pilares, and AE is said to have impressed. Why not give these two lovely kids the opportunity of a lifetime?

I'm calling Smitty, Lafell, Hixon, Ginn Jr., Pilares, and AE. Sheew, that was tough.

I have to feel that Ginn Jr. has one job this year. Earn playing time at WR. Concentrate on that one aspect. The only way he sees the field as a returner, is in emergency situations. Same with Hixon. Both are expected to make a splash in the passing game, nothing more.

The consensus 4 fighting for the last 2 spots.

Pilares is KR as of now.

AE is PR as of now.

Gettis has speed and experience. Is he healthy? No versatility.

Adams is ? as of now. With precious few opportunities left I would think.

By default, the winners are... wait for it... Pilares and AE. And there was great rejoicing.

The team really likes Pilares, and AE is said to have impressed. Why not give these two lovely kids the opportunity of a lifetime?

I'm calling Smitty, Lafell, Hixon, Ginn Jr., Pilares, and AE. Sheew, that was tough.

Only way Ginn sees time as a returner is an emergency scenario? You think Pilares returns over Ginn?

I'm pretty sure Rivera all but said Ginn is our returner. He also likes the potential he brings as a WR, but he was brought in to be a returner primarily. If I had to guess who gets the last two WR spots after Smitty, Lafell, Hixon and Ginn it'd be Gettis and Pilares. It'd be nice if Adams got it instead of Pilares but I think Pilares is simply more a Rivera guy than Adams is.

Only way Ginn sees time as a returner is an emergency scenario? You think Pilares returns over Ginn?

Yup. Ginn Jr. is going to get every opportunity to win a WR spot. If he can, I don't think he will be doing any returns.

I'm pretty sure Rivera all but said Ginn is our returner. He also likes the potential he brings as a WR, but he was brought in to be a returner primarily. If I had to guess who gets the last two WR spots after Smitty, Lafell, Hixon and Ginn it'd be Gettis and Pilares. It'd be nice if Adams got it instead of Pilares but I think Pilares is simply more a Rivera guy than Adams is.

I've heard multiple reports saying they are going to design and run plays for him at WR, and he signed here because they are going to give him a chance to win a WR spot.

If Ginn Jr. shows value as a WR, his value as a returner goes down. If Ginn Jr. does make the team as a WR, those last two spots have to go to returners. Unless Barner shows he can handle the job.

If however, Ginn is doing returns, then Gettis has a chance to win one of those last two spots. Pilares and AE are basically the same guy. Adams is still having trouble. So maybe Gettis has a chance to stick.

To me it is up to Ginn Jr. on whether Gettis makes the team or not. Ginn Jr. as a WR, and Gettis is gone. Ginn Jr. as a returner, and Gettis has a chance.

I think I'll pop a tent and just live at Wofford this year. Save on that nasty 5 minute commute.

ginn is likely going to be the #3 or 4 WR. i don't think he's going to be seeing enough time or action at WR to take away from him being given the full time KR or PR job.

there's just not going to be much in the way of conflict.

ginn is likely going to be the #3 or 4 WR. i don't think he's going to be seeing enough time or action at WR to take away from him being given the full time KR or PR job.

I agree. Besides, if he is your best returner, he needs to return. Use the talent.

This.

Many teams #3-4 WRs are their PR/KRs. Ginn will be the main return option AND will see time at WR.

I could see Barner getting some reps at PR throughout the season, tho.

It's a shame Gettis had to get hurt, he had a lot of potential. As far as reciever goes:

Smitty, LaFell are locks

Hixon and Ginn have really, really good odds 

That leaves two spots for: Bryant, Pilares, Gettis, AE, and Adams

I'm going to go ahead and call Adams getting cut before any of these other guys. I tend to believe that the coach staff likes Pilares and that he will get in. They'll try to practice squad Bryant again. 

I think it comes down to AE vs. Gettis for that finally spot. Gettis certainly had/has more potential, but something about AE lends me to believe that the team loves him as a player. I think he gets the final spot. Huddle semi-implodes when Gettis gets cut. 

Archived