• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's official: Panthers win the Armanti trade

Gabeking

You know the difference between Joe Person and a beat writer? Look at all his tweets that start with "I think" or "Seems like" or "Probably". He has literally no concrete sources. He just goes on hunches, reports after connected sources, and somehow keeps his job. It's actually quite amazing. I really can't fathom it.

I understand what you're saying but if we had kept the pick instead of trading it there's very little chance that we just happen to draft the exact same player the Pats did. Personally I was really high on the TE Kyle Rudolph sitting there in the 2nd, who is now a pro-bowler.

Saying we "win" the trade is like giving someone $10,000 cash for a 20 year old rusted out POS car that doesn't even run and then saying later "well I found out they used all the money to buy a pile of manure so actually I won the trade!". Uh, no.

We got ass raped in that trade either way. It's completely irrelevant to me if they used the pick wisely or not, actually I remember thinking it was a pretty stupid pick when they made it.

no question, having kyle rudolph right now to pair with greg olsen would be outstanding and it's utterly nut-wrankling to be stuck with a perennial training camp pro-bowler every year... that said, it'd be even worse if the patriots had drafted well with it it.

all discussions like this do is make me incredibly glad hurney is gone so we don't have to look forward to these sorts of mismanagements anymore

But NE is so great in the draft, stockpiling all those draft picks and the Panthers are the only team that drafts bust...

Just messing but if any fan base should be complaining about the draft its NE. How many high draft picks do you have from trades and do nothing with. Sometimes trading out of the 1st rnd all together, and for what? 2nds and next years 1st to do all over again.

I still don't know what drugs Hurney was on at the time of that trade. But if I recall correctly, weren't the Panthers high on Dowling?

Not to mention in 2010 Navarro Bowman and Jimmy Graham went a few picks after Armanti. And Geno Atkins went in the 4th when many were projecting him to go in the 2nd.

Archived