• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Two guys in red shirts discuss the Panthers - Bills matchup

Zod

In Buffalo, Sal Maiorana and Adam Benigni discuss Sunday's Bills-Panthers game.

Posted Image

"I'm not concerned about how Cam Newton will attack them through the air."

"I'm not concerned about defense against the Panthers"

"I'm not sure Carolina can match New England front 7 wise" (lolwut?)

We witnessed last night that Tom Brady has a worse wide receiver position to be in than the Panthers. Sorry Sal, it wasn't the Buffalo defense that held Brady, it was Brady's lack of NFL caliber receivers.

Click here to view the article

I just watched NE-Jets game, quite interesting to rate the Bills D.

One thing I can say is that the Patriots receivers got a lot more separation against the Bills secondary then they did against the Jets, especially in the middle. Olsen and Smith in the slot could do wonders. We really need to attack the middle.

Second: that NE front 7 is A LOT weaker than ours. We should be able to create a lot of pressure in EJ's face. Please, Alexander or someone else, don't do stupid things, you won't need it.

Thirth: NE OL protected Brady very good, if you see how Bills front 7 did against them... If our OL can give Cam some time, I can't see how we can lose that game.

While Carolinas front 7 is better NEs is nothing to write off. They have 3 lbs that were all highly drafted Spikes, Hightower, and Mayo

Their line has Wilfork who is a HoF lineman and Chandler who if not for Kuechly being all world would be the best defensive prospect to come out of the 2012 draft

I just watched NE-Jets game, quite interesting to rate the Bills D.

One thing I can say is that the Patriots receivers got a lot more separation against the Bills secondary then they did against the Jets, especially in the middle. Olsen and Smith in the slot could do wonders. We really need to attack the middle.

Second: that NE front 7 is A LOT weaker than ours. We should be able to create a lot of pressure in EJ's face. Please, Alexander or someone else, don't do stupid things, you won't need it.

Thirth: NE OL protected Brady very good, if you see how Bills front 7 did against them... If our OL can give Cam some time, I can't see how we can lose that game.

While I agree with you about Olsen and Smith, does anyone really think that is the best course of action anymore? While its good for fantasy it's not good for us. We need to have plays with Ginn and Lafell as the number one option and finally use Steve as a decoy. He's been our number one target forever and I have never seen a game where we followed a gameplan using Smith in other ways. The defense keys on Smith, design plays to use Smith to get Ginn open over the top and Olsen over the middle.

Just my idea, not from Madden although it does work. Cam has to stop staring down Smith. Against the Seahawks Lafell was targeted twice, and Ginn once and the Seahawks played it stopping our big plays and baiting Cam into contained underneath throws.

Why does everyone think New England has a better front 7? The disrespect is staggering

Two things imo... Wilfork and their "mystique" or whatever...

For the record, I loathe New England.  I hope that when we play them, Johnson and Hardy collide about 6 yards behind the line of scrimmage and reduce Tom Brady to various scattered body parts amongst the players feet.

Having said that, Vince Wilfork is a beast.  Hell of an athlete, but he's getting old...

We're a small market team that has never gotten much respect.  With our record the past few years, why would we?

• Pie 4