• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Farewell to Jon Beason

Zod

"Aww man. Look at this empty beer can. Its just the shell of what is used to be.. i meanit used to be a whole beer though! I mean do you know what that beer meant to me?! You cant just throw it away.. "

" you only look at the empty beer can in the state that its in. That was a beer! And it looks cool sitting on the shelf! I know i have an awesome ice cold 59 beer that replaced it, but who cares it was still a beer!"

"Your saying i could get money for recycling this empty beer can? A few cents! Hell no! This used to be a beer! I could put it back in the 6 pack and trick myself into thinking i jave more beers! It makes me feel good! No way a few cents is worth nothing to me!"

"This empty beer can could move on and could possibly become another servicable icecold beer via recycaling?! No! Its my beer can!"

We have been that dysfuntional franchise that hords players and puts too much worth into our players! Time to get rid of the thing that has handicapped our team for years! Gettletrain baby choo choo!!

Once he had the microsurgery, I wondered if he'd ever come back, immediately followed by "if anyone can come back from that, it's Beason".  

I was surprised to see the news this morning, but after the shock I see its best for both sides (his and the Panthers).

He was one of our great players.

I hope he passes his physical and has success in NY. 

The guy was a stud. But for the last few years he has been a shell of himself, which is still pretty damn good, but not good enough the starting lineup of star LBs, and he would have never seen the Mike again in Carolina if he ever saw the field at all.

We are too talented at LB to use Beast at this point in his career. He was costing us money to ride the bench. And he's still to talented not to be starting somewhere. I gotta agree with SuperJ, this isn't the least bit surprising, and doesn't hurt nearly as much as Pep (who was starting and in the prime of his career). I'm just glad a) we got something for him instead of just letting him walk for nothing and B) give him a chance to be a contributor right now. I won't even say this is a tough pill to swallow. I'm not that sentimental, it was hands down the right move on all sides.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

• Pie 1