• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Hardy on Miami Game per ESPN 730

TheRumGone

This was next on the list from the Smitty interview with Mike and Mike.

some interesting tidbits:

Greg said the entire team was really dissapointed in themselves after the first half. Greg gave a halftime speech along with several others. Said Ron's speech was incredible. Got the team refocused.

Said they played like they had arrived which isn't Carolina football or what the coaches had been preaching all week.

Greg apparently would go to the sideline and say "what would charles do, what would charles do in this situation"

Greg praised Luke saying if you are gonna go after him (for the 2 calls in the endzone) you have to go through me first. Said Keek wants to be good. has a burning desire to win. Said he's constantly in the film room, watching film on the plane on the way back.

Greg talked about TD's dislocated finger said that's the mentality this defense has, never give up.

Said he has no distractions when traveling away, espcially to a place like South Beach. Said he's a "different kind of cat" doesnt even pay attention to that stuff and just focuses on the game as soon as they are on the plane.

Greg said Cam is just like Luke. Wants to be great. Said it was funny seeing Cam his rookie year talking about "wanting to play xbox on the sidelines" to Cam completely focused performing methodical "tom brady/peyton manning like" drives in the 4th quarter.

For the bucs coming up said "no excuses." no coming out like Miami. No more games, play Carolina defense from the first snap

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=131&c=1291&f=2151243

I love what I keep hearing from the players about Cam's focus.....Cam is laser focused right now.

He has thrown out all that icon/entertainer bullshit and is focusing on the game.  With all that physical talent, as he continues to master all of the little nuances of playing QB in the NFL, he is just going to be nastier and nastier.

i loved that interview and i love that he's stepped up into a leadership role with johnson. 

even tho he's as wierd as they come, i think he's all business right now and is probably a pretty good gauge of where the team's head is at collectively. i have really nothing to base that on, btw, it's just a gut feeling.

This team is poised. They know what is POSSIBLY the outcome of this season if they keep this up. Unlike the past couple of seasons, where they had nothing to lose...now they realize they have everything to lose. I like how he pointed out that they came out like they had arrived, and while I get the point of staying focused and hungry...they KNOW they have arrived. The thing that sets them apart from the teams that suffocate under that and don't stay focused is that they know if they don't keep it up, they'll be departing as quickly as they arrived. 

This team's collective head is precisely where it should be. I honestly would not be surprised to see us throw up 40 this week. They have me THAT confident.

Archived