• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Domenik Hixon...It's Time.

chknwing

You people are ruthless

Hixon is on the field maybe 2 plys a game... probably not designed to get the ball. 

He is a great WR who made HUGE catches in HUGE games for NYG.

He and Taveres King are incredibly underrated.

& king is YOUNG as fug USE HIM

I don't think Hixon is a game changer but I agree. If we are going to win down the stretch and into the playoffs we have to expand our passing game. It doesn't matter how talented they are. They are WR's in the NFL for a reason. Sometimes you got let some one go out there.

I for one would like to see Brandon Williams have some targets. He's raw as hell but at least there is potential for mismatches.

LaFell was a disappointment last night. I could not believe he dropped that pass on 3rd down. He has no excuses.

Listen to me very carefully. We have no run game, we have Cam Newton.

Deangelo had 8 carries for 32 yards with 10 minutes left in the second quarter. He finished with 13 carries. If we would've kept running the ball we would've had a big play eventually. Our game plan was centered around keeping up and their idea of that was throwing the ball.

Am I the only one that would love to see 4 wide balanced sets in shotgun or pistol? We run the hell out if 3 wide, let's throw a new wrinkle in from time to time (this would require Hixon). You can then use Tolbert to block or check down. Just a thought.

Hixon is a scrub. A scrub amongst other scrubs, except for Smith.  I look at some of the acrobatic/tough catches other WR's make, and I think to myself none of our WR's could/can do that.  There was a catch, Baldwin of the Seahawks, made against us where he scored a touchdown.  None of our WR's can make a catch like that.  Smitty used to could make a catch like that, and did it frequently.  If it's not placed properly in our WR's chest, chances are it's not getting caught.  Cam needs a guy who can fight for the ball and win those matchups.

You people are ruthless

Hixon is on the field maybe 2 plys a game... probably not designed to get the ball.

He is a great WR who made HUGE catches in HUGE games for NYG.

He and Taveres King are incredibly underrated.

& king is YOUNG as fug USE HIM

In NY he was on the field with TWO #1 caliber WRs......that doesn't mean he was good. Means he was likely largely ignored bc of other threats

He still made huge plays though. Steve is still a VERY good WR, we just need more options. Smitty in a slot with a big physical guy on the outside with him is very dangerous and would give Cam enough trust to throw those deep balls and let some loose and BE loose. We have a great team guys, but I want to see us continue to get talent and win. I love the panthers

I wouldn't classify him as a ferrari but giving Cam more options will do wonders and the element of surprise is a bitch. Hixon, Brandon, Hartsock all getting thrown to since we don't have a 1,000 catcher

Yall kill me with this person a bum this and that, but then say Brady & Manning make their options look better as if those unknown options were here you wouldnt be saying they're useless. If Josh Bryce played last night he woulda been 3rd in yards on our team. You dont even know who Bryce is

You're right, I don't know who Josh Bryce is. I don't think you do either though, considering his name is Josh Boyce.

Pretty funny.

Let's hope that Shula, designs, and Cam can actually throw short routes because with this line, Newton's health is in danger with each and every snap....then of course short routes imply that  a) the receiver can get enough separation to shield the ball  and b) actually catch the ball when thrown to them.

This season will be what it is.

Next year, expect the offense to be blown up from a personnel perspective, that's assuming the offensive leaders can figure out what they want this team to be.  Right now, I'm not sure what they are...not that my opinion matters.

But I do know running the same dive play and WR screen that has not worked in 5 years, with this personnel, probably isn't going to work again anytime soon.

Archived