• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas Davis not pleased with Carolina not signing Nicks

Car123

the psychology of the huddle has been very entertaining to witness this week.  It's never been more clearer as people pit others into a corner and force labels onto them that misrepresent their entire point..

It should already be obvious to everyone because it happens all the time..  you'll know when you see it because somehow out of thin air a whole subgroup of people are fabricated just so they can have a target.  It is usually found when someone starts using an "us vs them" mentality.  As if there can only be 2 sides of an issue..  but now that people are emotional it's escalated to an all time high...

some are just outright crazy..  I mean, how some opinions have formed without an ounce of self-awareness is baffling.

Guest Barry McCaulkinor

Anyone who gets released at this point is being done a favor. This is what happens when a company shits on its employees, and funny how that even transcends into even sports. 

I suppose I disagree in that I've not seen Gettleman make great moves. He aced the Star pick, but anyone could have done that. The rest of the draft was a joke. Klein was a steal, but that and his FA pickups could have just as easily been flukes.

So it's not spur if the moment, knee jerk overreaction for me, although I can't cspeak for the rest of my ilk. I've pretty much been luke warm on him since last year.

And again, assuming everything is gonna be fine, and the Gettleman has got this logic is just as childish as assuming everything has gone to crap. Wait and see how things play out, yes. But making statements about the outcome of this offseason, good or bad, with surety is childish.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Have you ever heard the quote that you can't really evaluate a draft for at least 3 years. So it is too early to say much other than perhaps the Star and Short picks which have already paid off.  But look at his UDFAs like Lester and White.  Great signings for really cheap.  And look at the moves in free agency.  Ginn was all but washed up as anything but a returner and look at him now.  The same with Mitchell who really was a nobody and now he is considered a great talent.  Wharton was a great late pickup when injuries hurt our O line.  How about keeping Gano after he struggled in 2012 instead of bringing someone else in.

Then you can add in all the backups like Cole, Florence, Hartsock, Mikell who were all unsexy picks but solid backups who contributed.  Plenty of solid moves with virtually no cap who ended helping us turn things around.  Several articles said that he should be in the running for GM of the year in 2013.

And I agree that making definitive statements either way are totally premature.  That is why I haven't done that.  I only wish everyone else followed suit. 

ummm....he was coming off how many years of having his ACL torn?

team took a chance in even keeping him around at all. no other team would have taken him on, esp. for more than what we were going to pay him.

and took a big pay cut to stay? lol...he restructured which, i'm sure you may have seen mentioned around here, doesn't mean pay cut. the dude signed a 5 year deal worth $36.5mil and the next two years he's getting $13.5mil.

pay cut my arse. that money got pushed back.

Not every "restructure" is just pushing money into later years.  TD took a true pay cut.  He had an $8M bonus coming to him that got nixed and cut his base salary in 2012 from $2.25M to $750k.

Yes, the Panthers gave him an opportunity to prove he could still play, but they did so at a very low financial risk.

An average QB that has more Super Bowls than his superstar brother who has always had more talent around him...

I don't exactly know what you mean by this post, but if you're trying to convince he's not an average qb, you'd be wrong.

Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer have a superbowl ring, it doesn't make them better than Marino or as good as Peyton.

I don't exactly know what you mean by this post, but if you're trying to convince he's not an average qb, you'd be wrong.

Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer have a superbowl ring, it doesn't make them better than Marino or as good as Peyton.

Tom Brady and Joe Montana also have Super Bowl rings...

At the end of the day, you play for a ring and our judged by how many you have... Eli has two.

I have a question for long time Huddlers.

When was the last time this place was THIS bad. Cause I'm about to just chill in the lounge and tbox for awhile.

In 2013:

That is 2013 which is a bright spot...it was much worse before.

Man were you not here in 2010-2012? This place was a shltfest compared to what is going on now.

We are coming off a playoff "run" and have a pretty good team . Several years ago we thought we had a dirty old coach with no concept of pie charts who fawned over reporters...Jimmy fuging Clausen...a lame duck coach...no goddamn money.

I could go on.

Times are bright comparatively speaking.

In 2013:

That is 2013 which is a bright spot...it was much worse before.

Man were you not here in 2010-2012? This place was a shltfest compared to what is going on now.

We are coming off a playoff "run" and have a pretty good team . Several years ago we thought we had a dirty old coach with no concept of pie charts who fawned over reporters...Jimmy fuging Clausen...a lame duck coach...no goddamn money.

I could go on.

Times are bright comparatively speaking.

naw i started lurking around last years offseason i believe.

become a member a couple months later. i think the first thread i read was phillyb's shitting on that one eyed weirdo. I knew immediately I found a great place.

become a member a couple months later. i think the first thread i read was phillyb's shitting on that one eyed weirdo. I knew immediately I found a great place.

Oh good.

You would not believe the threads during the "dark times."

If we have back to back winning seasons this place may go from suicidal to merely emo  

;)

One-eyed weirdo? :blink:

I'm assuming that's not Pat, but i could be wrong.  You'll have to refresh my aging memory here.

(I'll probably feel bad for not remembering after you do) :unsure:

Archived