• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mini Camp Update

Jeremy Igo

Actually somewhere between the 2-5 round, we could have taken a OT, to give us some other form of an option, but since we thought there could be nothing better in this draft in those rounds than an undrafted Byron Bell and converted DT.....

It's just a mini camp though and not the final verdict. I don't believe at all it will work with either at Tackle, but I do think it's what we have and they deserve a fair shot in the regular season to prove themselves....

That said, how much risk are we willing to take with Cam coming off his surgery?

GTFO, Bell under performing? Didn't see that coming.

He's not underperforming.  He is what he is.  He's not very good.  It's just a damn shame that we've been relying on him to be something that he's not.

I still don't believe that we're going into the season with this current crop of OTs.  I really believe that there will be veteran help added at some point after teams start trimming their rosters down.

Wasn't Garry having a pretty decent preseason before he got hurt? After seen that picture of Bell looking like the slowest moving man in the NFL I think my support for him is dwindling.

Maybe Williams can take that RT spot and be ok.

Garry hasn't been bad when he had to play RT, could be ok with him at that spot for a year

I've come to terms with Bell and Chandler at the OT spots. It's going to be subpar at this point even if we bring in an outcast vet.

I agree-we are talking about 3 undrafted players competing for the starting spots.  Frankly, if all three were cut, I am not sure any would be picked up. 

Chandler is my favorite.