• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pats claim RB Tyler Gaffney off waivers

UNCrules2187

Yeah, THAT'S why they won. They knew everything before it happened! They could've won with Clausen at QB!

Dude, take off your Panthers blinders. The Pats are big meany heads ... get over it.

It's not THE reason they won, but in hindsight I think it's very fair to suggest that it played a significant role.  Zero rings since Spygate.

You seem mad.  Sorry I insulted your boyfriend, just not sure if that's Belichick or Brady.  I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume Brady.

Alright lets start with this past Super Bowl: (Since it is recent I put players on there that started but you may not know)

Luke Willson, Kam Chancellor, K.J. Wright, Richard Sherman, Malcolm Smith, Walter Thurmond, Red Bryant, J.R. Sweezy, Julius Thomas, Danny Trevathan, and Malik Jackson.

Okay, now for the 4 Super Bowls prior to Seattle v Denver: (Only listing the players you should know if you follow football)

Dennis Pitta, Delanie Walker, NaVorro Bowman, Ray McDonald, Isaac Sopoaga, Ahmad Bradshaw, Brandon Jacobs, Domenik Hixon, David Diehl, Aaron Hernandez, Julian Edelman, Tom Brady, Donald Driver, Jermichael Finley, Scott Wells, Hines Ward, Antonio Brown, Ike Taylor, Brett Keisel, Chris Kemoeatu, Marques Colston, Jahri Evans, Zach Strief, Austin Collie, Pierre Garcon, Clint Session, Antoine Bethea, Robert Mathis, Raheem Brock, Antonio Johnson, and Ryan Diem.

Pro Bowlers are in bold so you don't miss them. Once you hit the end of the 3rd round near the compensatory picks, that is where you measure a GMs success. Their picks up to #90 should never be a miss. So, that is where you measure a GMs failures. When the GMs failures outweigh their success you know to start looking for a new GM.

There are more, but you would not know who they are even though they started for a Super Bowl team.

All teams with GMs that keep their teams stocked year in and year out.

Wow, that's one of the most amazing posts that I've ever seen. I don't really know where to start. I am assuming that someone has already pointed out how flawed this logic is, but I'll go ahead and have fun too

1. Tom Brady, Brett Keisel, DONALD DRIVER!!! Drafted in 99, Donald Driver? So you are telling me that you had to scour FIFTEEN YEARS of drafts made by 10 NFL teams to find 42 players, with only 14 Pro Bowlers. Do you realize the pool you create for yourself to even attempt this terrible exercise?

The average NFL team has 4 picks between rounds 4 and 6 (adding compensatory selections). That means you had 4 picks for these 10 teams for 15 years which is, at least, 600 picks. 42 out of 600. 14 pro bowlers out of 600. That means the odds of getting a borderline starter like Chris Kemoeatu that contributes to a superbowl team with picks from the 4th-6th round is what? Maybe 10 percent assuming you left some people off? And the chances of getting a probowler with those picks are what? Somewhere around three percent? That's terrible because, guess what, nobody builds a team with picks from the 4th, 5th, and 6th.

2. You listed 4 players per team. When more than 30% of the players that come into the league are 4th, 5th, and 6th rounders. That means, if good GMs constantly hit in these rounds, 7 or so STARTERS for these teams should be from those rounds. There are not because talent in the draft nosedives by round. You are lucky to get a starter from any of your picks in those rounds, let alone measure a GMs failures versus successes.

3.Saying that a GM should never miss before pick 90 is laughably stupid. Pick me any GM from any period ever, and I will find you multiple busts in the top 90.

4.  Most players picked here do not become starters or consistent contributors. They do not produce the starters commiserate with your brilliant "hitting more than missing" theory. They don't even produce consistent backup/spot starters at that rate. You made up a test, picked the subjects, and flunked it. Kudos for doing so with such misguided arrogance, by the way.

Wow, that's one of the most amazing posts that I've ever seen. I don't really know where to start. I am assuming that someone has already pointed out how flawed this logic is, but I'll go ahead and have fun too

1. Tom Brady, Brett Keisel, DONALD DRIVER!!! Drafted in 99, Donald Driver? So you are telling me that you had to scour FIFTEEN YEARS of drafts made by 10 NFL teams to find 42 players, with only 14 Pro Bowlers. Do you realize the pool you create for yourself to even attempt this terrible exercise?

The average NFL team has 4 picks between rounds 4 and 6 (adding compensatory selections). That means you had 4 picks for these 10 teams for 15 years which is, at least, 600 picks. 42 out of 600. 14 pro bowlers out of 600. That means the odds of getting a borderline starter like Chris Kemoeatu that contributes to a superbowl team with picks from the 4th-6th round is what? Maybe 10 percent assuming you left some people off? And the chances of getting a probowler with those picks are what? Somewhere around three percent? That's terrible because, guess what, nobody builds a team with picks from the 4th, 5th, and 6th.

2. You listed 4 players per team. When more than 30% of the players that come into the league are 4th, 5th, and 6th rounders. That means, if good GMs constantly hit in these rounds, 7 or so STARTERS for these teams should be from those rounds. There are not because talent in the draft nosedives by round. You are lucky to get a starter from any of your picks in those rounds, let alone measure a GMs failures versus successes.

3.Saying that a GM should never miss before pick 90 is laughably stupid. Pick me any GM from any period ever, and I will find you multiple busts in the top 90.

4.  Most players picked here do not become starters or consistent contributors. They do not produce the starters commiserate with your brilliant "hitting more than missing" theory. They don't even produce consistent backup/spot starters at that rate. You made up a test, picked the subjects, and flunked it. Kudos for doing so with such misguided arrogance, by the way.

It is clear you do not do statistical analysis for a living, I will break it down later for you as I do not have much time.

For right now I will just leave you with the Panthers history.  Using this same theory, the Panthers came away with positive drafts in 1995, 2001, and 2002. The Panthers Went to the NFC Championship game in 1996 and the Superbowl in 2003. You can apply this to measure any team. Have fun. All other drafts were break even or negative.

I will get back to your incorrect percentages due to your oversight later. Oh, and of the past 10 Super Bowl teams, I listed only the players everyone should know. You can just about double those numbers if you want to just discuss starters for those teams over the year they went to the Super Bowl. Last thing to research while I am gone; You have to count each of those players as a pro bowler for every year they went to the pro bowl since they took up that spot each time. Have fun.

It is clear you do not do statistical analysis for a living, I will break it down later for you as I do not have much time.

For right now I will just leave you with the Panthers history. Using this same theory, the Panthers came away with positive drafts in 1995, 2001, and 2002. The Panthers Went to the NFC Championship game in 1996 and the Superbowl in 2003. You can apply this to measure any team. Have fun. All other drafts were break even or negative.

I will get back to your incorrect percentages due to your oversight later. Oh, and of the past 10 Super Bowl teams, I listed only the players everyone should know. You can just about double those numbers if you want to just discuss starters for those teams over the year they went to the Super Bowl. Last thing to research while I am gone; You have to count each of those players as a pro bowler for every year they went to the pro bowl since they took up that spot each time. Have fun.

Dude don't blame me for your bad argument. Make a better one or move on. If you were already half assing lists with Chris Kemoeatu and Luke Willson, I can't wait to see what you left off these superbowl contributors. I have no idea what you are trying to say about the pro bowl. But, good luck.

It's not THE reason they won, but in hindsight I think it's very fair to suggest that it played a significant role.  Zero rings since Spygate.

You seem mad.  Sorry I insulted your boyfriend, just not sure if that's Belichick or Brady.  I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume Brady.

Pretty sure you're the mad one. I don't take the NFL seriously and let some team in NE ruin my life like it's doing to you.

PATS SNEAKY ROSTER MOVES

Belichick on Gaffney: 'He was available'
FOXBORO -- Before Tuesday's training camp practice, Bill Belichick touched on the acquisition of newly signed rookie running back Tyler Gaffney, who was claimed off of waivers on Monday from the Panthers.

Gaffney suffered a season-ending knee injury last week and the Panthers placed him on waivers in the hopes of having him land on injured reserve eventually. Instead, the Patriots plucked him when he became available.

more at the link on the front page of Yahoo

http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk/belichick-gaffney-he-was-available?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

Alright lets invade New England and take him back.

we tried that once back in the 1860s or something. it didnt work out too well...

I hope we pick up Mike Davis in draft next year and yes I know I'm a homer.

YES PLEASE. i still wish we could have gotten Lattimore...

Let's remember this was the draft day Gettleman took off. Not like he cared much about them anyway.

what kind of horrible person are you anyway? the man went to see his son graduate from college. and if i remember correctly, he was still in communication with the draft team.

looks like a good little rivalry might be starting with pats and panthers.

where have you been the past 10 years? lol

Archived