• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's Next Contract

NJPanthers12

Okay guys let's be clear, the Panthers have never had any intention of letting him walk.  Why would they?  He's the most talented player they've ever had.  A franchise QB like that comes around once in a generation.  

The important question is - does Cam want to stay in Carolina?  

Lol are you glad you got that off your chest? Well I couldn't disagree with you more. There have been multiple analysts recently who have said that Cam should and will likely test the free agency waters due to the garbage around him. It also will be interesting because this team doesn't have much depth and his contract could effect that. It is also interesting because we have never had a franchise QB before and this will likely be the biggest contract in franchise history. If none of that interests you well then I don't know what to tell you.

Link these reports he will test FA

It actually won't be very interesting at all. We'll lock Cam up long term, then we'll do that thing referred to as the draft, then make our real $$$$$ by locking up some talented UDFAs, then training camp, and then the season will kick off.

There's really no sense in trying to get dramatic about anything NJPanthers12. Save this for your twitter accounts where u claim to be an insider

#slayed

Cam will average 22million per season and based on the horrible protection he has received he deserves to cash in because I don't think his body will allow him to see the back end of the contract

But then if you pay him a figure that eats too much of your salary cap, how do you turn around and get him the protection that he needs?

The team has to find a balance between paying him what he deserves and still having enough money to build a team around him.

Make no mistake, that isn't going to be easy. More than one team has already had bad results on that front.

I understand Cam wants to get paid but if he wants help around him he needs to take a little less. He is going to want the protection from the Oline and he is going to need a RB to feed the ball to and WR that can get open. This organization needs to be smart. Pay Cam his money but just save enough to resign some of our own talent and add quality pieces if we need to.

But then if you pay him a figure that eats too much of your salary cap, how do you turn around and get him the protection that he needs?

The team has to find a balance between paying him what he deserves and still having enough money to build a team around him.

Make no mistake, that isn't going to be easy. More than one team has already had bad results on that front.

What has this FO done to guarantee that money wont go to more defensive players?? Every year we think they are gonna address the line and they dont, even in a Offensive heavy draft like the last one they did nothing. We have no reason think their mindset has changed, we fall for it every year. The "we are gonna do it next season" optimism is getting tired.

Cam will average 22million per season and based on the horrible protection he has received he deserves to cash in because I don't think his body will allow him to see the back end of the contract

Agreed but the per year cap impact won't be quite that high due to the bonus structure . If structured correctly we can still be in business. Still need to sign players like Luke and eventually Star. By the time we get to Star and KB we should be in pretty good shape financially.

Honestly we should pay him as much as he has asked. I think based on his production, he deserves it. I mean we have no one on offense that is nationally known apart from Cam. KB is up and coming and will be cheap for 3 more years. Having said that however, it's time Cam takes that next step where what's going on around does not affect him that much. Be that one consistent player on offense.

matt ryan's deal was effectively 5 years, 100million.

if we lock up cam for south of 20m a year along with the new salary cap bump were are fuging golden and cam should be rightfully hailed as the team-first, sacrificial individual he is.

Archived