• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam is shell shocked.

Ruff

holy fug anybody who says he isn't shell shocked needs to watch that game again.

He is expecting pressure in his face every single time he snaps the ball off. It is fuging with his game.

Yep. Zod pointed it out earlier this week or last week or something when he said he can tell when a pass is incomplete by just looking at his footwork. Cam is anticipating pressure every single play because he usually is being pressured just about every single play. Gettleman did a piss poor job of assembling a line for Cam. This is all on him.

My worry when it was said that Byron Bell would be the starting left tackle going into the season was that Cam would become shell shocked. I convinced myself that Cam was too far along in his career to get that way. Low and behold, he's shell shocked.

What is shell shock for a QB? Well, watch David Carr play. When he played with Houston, he had no time to throw. Every play, there was a defender breathing down his neck. eventually, he seen ghosts of players who weren't there.

Cam is there now. His footwork is suffering because of the constant pressure, his confidence is suffering because his offensive line is so bad. He's rattled. If we're not careful, it could have long lasting implications.

My exact thoughts this morning.

i mean we literally had a dude who hasn't played a snap of AMERICAN FOOTBALL in a meaningful game until tonight protecting his blindside.

do people really understand what is going on here? Do people know what it is like to get hit by a 325 lb defensive tackle? This is the ghost of Marty Hurney.

You make a very solid point. The difference in athleticism from guys in the States to guys in Canada is literally night and day. Foucault wouldn't have ever seen guys that possess some of these speed and strength combinations up here. Foucault has probably been able to get by on his size alone his entire football career. It's such a different game up here, it's barely football.

we are fuging this kid over in the media.

i pray to god they are saying other things to him behind closed doors because Cam should walk if they are not

Yeah last night was my breaking point as well. I'm a Panthers fan first, Cam fan second and for the first time I can say I want to see Cam demand a trade or something. He deserves a fair shot at success in the NFL, and he won't get it here sadly. I'm very curious to know what they're saying to him behind the curtain.

Wouldn't doubt it. Looked like young Cam out there tonight. Poor footwork, rushed/poor decision making. Haven't seen him play like that in a while and it'd be of no surprise to find out he was trying to force things.

Young Cam was SO much better than the shell of a QB Shula is molding him into.

Young Cam was SO much better than the shell of a QB Shula is molding him into.

In many regards yes, but last night he looked like an advanced version of all the weaknesses in his game early we saw early in his career. Which is not the norm from him, which lead to my post

Cam being shell shocked is definitely an issue, but I think if you look at the start of the game and some of the drops by the wide receivers you have to feel sorry for Cam. He overcomes minimal time in the pocket, throws a good pass and then it gets dropped by a wide receiver. We lost the game in the first quarter by the entire offence missing opportunities.

Brees was under as much pressure as Cam was.  Turned the ball over the same number of times too.  Cam just isn't very good right now.  Might be because he doesn't trust his O-Line, but there were plenty of times he had a ton of time to throw and he makes an awful read, awful throw.  He just isn't getting it done.  

Brees was under as much pressure as Cam was.  Turned the ball over the same number of times too.  Cam just isn't very good right now.  Might be because he doesn't trust his O-Line, but there were plenty of times he had a ton of time to throw and he makes an awful read, awful throw.  He just isn't getting it done.  

Big part of the problem is our lack of run game, and the play calling does not help him get in any kind of rhythm for too long.

To start the season he was lighting defenses up throwing the ball. But he was also taking a beating. Like I said in another thread, until the OL is shored up, and we're actually able to run the ball consisently without Newton being the leading rusher, we aren't going to be winning much.

Brees was under as much pressure as Cam was. Turned the ball over the same number of times too. Cam just isn't very good right now. Might be because he doesn't trust his O-Line, but there were plenty of times he had a ton of time to throw and he makes an awful read, awful throw. He just isn't getting it done.

Brees also has 12 years of more experience better weapons and better coaching.

Archived