• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

To those pondering the benefits of a 5 game Win Out vs. A 5 game Lose Out

SCP

On the one hand I love the Panthers and want them to succeed.

On the other hand, I should be able to express my distaste for the way the team is performing and don't support the mediocrity/less than winning ways of one Ron Rivera. 

So at this point, I don't much care for the higher draft pick, but I am terrified that if we "win" the division again we will keep Rivera's ass around.

The question for me becomes would "winning" the division at 6-9-1 put us in a better position for future seasons, or would it handicap us by keeping some jackasses that suck around?

i want RR gone...i'm a die hard fan who goes to every single game. i despise losing, i despise even more the walk down the ramps from 500 level having to listen to opposing fans mock my team, my city and ME. I am SICK of it. I can take a loss, if we're competitive and the other team edges us out...i can accept it. What I cant accept is and obvious BS coaching staff who cannot lead the team to a win when we're in the fight. ie: atlanta falcons and bengals game. so, how do we get ron's as out of carolina???? you know the answer

Win out:

- This coaching staff is retained for 2015

- We most likely get blown the fug out in our first playoff game (don't kid yourselves, we are a horrible football team)

- We get a worse draft pick

- We get bragging rights for back to back division champs (is it really bragging rights?)

Lose out:

- Top 10 draft pick (possibly get our future LT or trade down and get even more picks)

- This limpd*ck coaching staff gets fired

Losing out seems like the best for the future.

Well, if you're going to bitch about never having back to back winning seasons, you can't also want your team to lose.

One of the biggest problems with this franchise has been within the culture, the losing mentality has been here for too long.

Sometimes you have to sacrifice the battle to win the war. It's not like we're sitting here rooting for the Panthers lose. But by winning meaningless games, we actually lose in the grand scheme of things. There is nothing this team has done this season that gives me confidence that they're going to make a run. Nothing. We'll win just enough games to miss the playoffs, Ron keeps his job, and cost us a top 10 pick.

I just don't want Rivera here anymore...I honestly never did like him. I don't like him or Shula, never did. He's had 4 years. He's done. Winning out and a one and done with him just give JR a reason to drag out Rivera's time here although knowing JR, he'll do that anyways.

Most of the top contenders now got that way by losing year after year and drafting top talent

Yeah that losing to draft early every year thing is working out really well for the raiders, bills, jaguars, rams, redskins, and bucs. Meanwhile the patriots, ravens, colts, seahawks, etc seem to be able to get consistent results without drafting in the top 10 every year. The only team i can think of that fits that description is the niners, who had something like 9 consecutive non playoff seasons. I dont think we need to lose for that long to be "good".

Archived